Tommy Emmanuel style blues for the T-ABF

Started by Bluesberry, April 13, 2009, 05:04:46 AM

Bluesberry

Here is some good ol' simple acoustic Tommy Emmanuel style blues to round out the weekend T-ABF.  Holy crap this guy is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f64ha1Bx3Ww

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Migs

And speaking of Tommy, he is playing in Sydney in a few months. I couldn't decide whether to go to his Thursday or Friday show.  The only sensible thing was to buy tickets to both.

I remember seeing him and his brother Phil playing in about 1989.  They used to charge less for a show back then.  Oh, I have a spare ticket if anyone wants one.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bluesberry

Great show that will be, I live a little too far away for the trip, but thanks for the offer.  That guy can play, and he looks like he is really loving it to, like he is in such a happy place when he plays.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

I was just going through some Tommy Emmanuel videos last night~ I love his version of House of the rising Sun.....
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

I think my fave is Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  Those cascading harmonics are just amazing.

Sometimes I listen to his stuff and feel like giving up because it is simply out of reach.

Kody

I totally know the feeling, Migs....me too~

He definitely makes a guy want to practice.... BTW, my ultimate fav of his has got to be "Angelina". That's the first song of his I heard~ Believe me, I felt like giving up the guitar for good and I've been playin' 17 years...lol
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

possibly

There's nothing so out of reach that you shouldn't try in my opinion.

My favourite guitarist is Don Ross - I love the percussive element, he's like a one man band without the bass drum on his back. Gonna try and link to the youtube vid, forgive me if you've seen it or if I dun do it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFnqDy8VWQ

Now this song would be bloody hard for anyone to play, but I think what comes across most strongly is how much he just enjoys playing and how much he means it.

Migs

Quote from: possibly on April 13, 2009, 06:32:42 PMThere's nothing so out of reach that you shouldn't try in my opinion.

Ahhh, doesn't stop me from trying.  There are two sides to it though.  Some stuff I will never be able to do.  Combination of lack of inate ability and insufficient time to do the necessary practice.

Migs

I just collected my tickets.

Thursday night row two in the centre section so I can see his little fingers.  Friday night I am near the sound desk so can assume the sound there will be good (in case my MBR accidentally turns on).