Ok..I have officially lost my mind to GAS

Started by Hook, October 08, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

bruno

I've still pondering DP-32, Zoom 24 or new MacBook - I really don't know.
Still, got to go to the dentist soon, so that will put that to bed for a while ....
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Yea, fix your teeth I guess but then get a new multitracker. I sure would love to try out the Zoom R16 or 24 they seem to have some great features but the zoom menu system usually pisses me off. With your drum loop situation a mac might be the smartest way to go, can you import them into the R24's drum machine? How about a seperate small drum machine you could import your beats into and run that into the DP32?
Rock on!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Quote from: Hook on October 10, 2015, 05:42:53 AMYea, fix your teeth I guess but then get a new multitracker. I sure would love to try out the Zoom R16 or 24 they seem to have some great features but the zoom menu system usually pisses me off. With your drum loop situation a mac might be the smartest way to go, can you import them into the R24's drum machine? How about a seperate small drum machine you could import your beats into and run that into the DP32?
Rock on!!
Yeah - the lack on loops on the Tascam appears to be the blocker for me. That said it appears that DAW's have all  the same issues today that drove me to the BR1600 - namely driver support. I understand a lot of people are struggling with DAWs on windows 10. An SSD mac seems like a good move - and GarageBand it pretty decent - however I've still in two minds. Now if Boss brought out an updated and modern 1600, now we are talking .... :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600