"Hit The Ground" a Hook original (on the Tres)

Started by Hook, September 29, 2015, 04:29:09 PM

sing?

This worked for me on every level. I especially liked your voice and the feel of the song. Excellent.

Nick

Vanncad

Great song Hook. Very well played.

I had to look up what a "Tres" was. Thought it was maybe a short scale guitar or a steel by the sound of it.

Either way - I think it sounds fine recorded. You can always mic it up if you use it live.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Grahamsway

You certainly have a unique voice and the music your producing sounds different from the crowd and thats what matters these days. Great production.

Nice one, very original sound with great lyrics.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

I love the sound, love the song. I'm going through all your tres songs now.

Here is a photo of me, 21 years ago, in Havana, fucking around with a tres, trying to make sense of the tuning.

Fifteen minutes after I left this restaurant it hit me – how to adapt some guitar chord shapes to the tuning of the tres. But the opportunity was gone.

I thought about buying a tres in Cuba, but I wisely did not. US Customs and Immigration nailed me when I passed through the US Virgin Islands, and they took (almost) all of my souvenirs. I watched them pour out my rum into big garbage bins. They let me keep my music CDs – which I still have. The rum and cigars would be long gone by now.

Also: I still have that hat and fanny pack – here in Madagascar.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac