We Are The Rain

Started by artokh74, September 24, 2015, 03:45:43 AM

Hook

Quote from: artokh74 on September 25, 2015, 06:01:33 PMthat was kinda my point. I joined this site less than two months ago, have listened to most new original songs - excluding ones in the last few days . not because I have to, but because I actually LOVE doing that - and have commented on  everything I've REALLY liked and understood so far. I know what songwriting means to people so I don't like to post anything negative just because something isn't my cup of tea, but I also won't post anything positive unless that is how I REALLY feel. If my post-count so far is insufficient under these conditions, I guess I'll need to reconsider my approach :) - and sorry for the caps.
yes but you leave a sad, guilt inducing message after no pays attention to you immediately.
Quote from: artokh74 on September 24, 2015, 12:10:20 PMno? Well I get the message  :-[
That crap steams me a little. Everyone here is a songwriter and/or musician with recordings they are hoping for someone to listen to. The difference about songcrafters is the supportive nature of it's members. I think most of your posts have been pretty well received here. We are lucky enough to have members here like Groundy & Redler (and others) who listen & comment almost daily regardless of their own song posting habits. I try to follow their example as much as I can. Even if I don't love someones song I can let them know I listened to the whole thing, maybe point out something that sounded cool. Or even just a Rock On.
I'm not trying to attack you and I am sorry if it's coming out that way but it's not rocket science. If the majority of your posts are on your own songs you are missing the point of this site. If you want more comments, leave more comments.
Quote from: artokh74 on September 25, 2015, 06:01:33 PMI know what songwriting means to people so I don't like to post anything negative just because something isn't my cup of tea, but I also won't post anything positive unless that is how I REALLY feel.
So don't expect anyone else to do otherwise.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

artokh74

Hook, I tried to explain that "guilt inducing" comment a few post later, after Blooby, rather more nicely, noted how inappropriate it seemed.  It was just my thought that I had been posting too many tracks in quick succession and people were getting a bit sick of it. And I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for feeling that way.

The frustration wasn't so much about the lack of comments but rather a general lack of views and plays everywhere after a very productive period where things seemed to be looking up. But I guess that's telling me something. So there really is need for you to suggest my songs are crap and I should just rock on :). But thanks for your time, anyway.

My intention was not to attack anyone here, or this forum in general, and I'm sorry if that came out that way. I realize the quote looks pretty bad when it's re-posted here on every other post out of context.

Blooby

Quote from: artokh74 on September 25, 2015, 07:40:15 PMThe frustration wasn't so much about the lack of comments but rather a general lack of views and plays everywhere after a very productive period where things seemed to be looking up.

The site activity ebbs and flows. Guilty of lurking myself as it's always tough starting a new school year (I am a middle school administrator). I would love to post something soon, but I know I will have to deal with my mental backlash (and either the true or imagined unspoken mental backlash of others) for being under the radar for a spell. Even when I was much more active here, there were random tunes that only got a handful of listens. Such is life. I have been down the self-imposed guilt-ridden road on this site before, but we can only do what we do.

Why don't we put the topic to rest and get back to this most excellent tune? Back for another listen, specifically for the mix. This tune has given me a lot of fodder for thought as it makes me question the cohesiveness (cohesion?) of my mixes. This may actually spur me to do something with more tracks than I usually do just exercise the mixing muscle.

Looking forward to more.

Peace.

Blooby

artokh74

Personally I am far from happy with the mix. It sounds ok on my monitors, earphones etc. but quite terrible on my Yamaha amp > huge Delta speakers which have an  absolutely stunning separation. They seem to pick up all the noise as well that results from an amateurish recording technique. It's a real nightmare to get anything finished since there's never a right way of doing it, and you never know which set of ears you wake up with the next day.

Happy to have inspired you. You can listen and download a better resolution copy on soundcloud. I've replaced the earlier demo of the song with the most recent take and mix.   https://soundcloud.com/arto-hietala

bruno

I listened and watch this the other day, just got around to commenting. Some difficult images, yes. But I think it really works with the music. What is music unless it challenges??? A this is challenging. A very, very good track, great sounds, very nice vocals and a catchy chorus - I like this lots, and very nicely produced. I like my music heavy, but there again I like country music (I think I must be confused :-) oh well)!!!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

Fantastic song Arto !!!

Sounds great on my headphones !!

Powerful stuff !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder