We Are The Rain

Started by artokh74, September 24, 2015, 03:45:43 AM

artokh74

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

a new vid. One of my better songs, methinks.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=krTswbMrwT0

artokh74

no? Well I get the message  :-[

Blooby

Quote from: artokh74 on September 24, 2015, 12:10:20 PMno? Well I get the message  :-[

Less than seven hours during the work week? You have to give it a minute, my friend. More comments will follow.

This tune and video sucked me right in. Great music and some pretty stunning footage in the video, downright disturbing in spots. I'm curious if the Strat was just one you grabbed for the video or if that's what was used for the tune. I never would guess that would be a single coil guitar.

Nice mix as well. Everything sits so nicely.

Peace.

Blooby

artokh74

Just thought I had maybe been posting too many tracks since it's become a strong trend of getting either a single comment or none, and hardly a handful listens or views :). You know like..."Oh no, not this guy's shit AGAIN!!!" :D
 It's no big deal though.  I guess less is more anyway.

The only guitar used here is the very same Squier strat in the video, but both rhythm guitar tracks are doubled and there's quite heavy post-production. I absolutely love playing leads with that thin neck type since the joints in my left hand are getting really f**ked up so I can't stretch too much or play anywhere near as fast as I used to.

Hilary

I liked the song (yes I agree it's definitely one of your best) but thought, like Blooby, that some of the images in the video were disturbing - so thought it best not to comment at all.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

artokh74

Quote from: Hilary on September 24, 2015, 04:59:21 PMI liked the song (yes I agree it's definitely one of your best) but thought, like Blooby, that some of the images in the video were disturbing - so thought it best not to comment at all.

I can certainly understand and appreciate that.  There's nothing there you wouldn't see on CNN, though, but I guess that's a different context with very different viewer expectations.  Anyway, I find the world a very disturbing place and will rather document that even though very few will want to hear about it :)

edit: I decided to add age limit and viewer discretion message to the video.

Grahamsway

You are an amazing songwriter and performer. Music is a way to express how you feel and I have no problem with that. Lets hear more. Absolutely brilliant.

artokh74

Quote from: Grahamsway on September 25, 2015, 12:11:23 PMYou are an amazing songwriter and performer. Music is a way to express how you feel and I have no problem with that. Lets hear more. Absolutely brilliant.

Thanks Graham. Really needed some encouragement and motivation after the last couple of days. :)
Means a lot coming from you. I've enjoyed your sad, beautiful and timeless songs a lot too.

Hook

Quote from: Blooby on September 24, 2015, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: artokh74 on September 24, 2015, 12:10:20 PMno? Well I get the message  :-[

Less than seven hours during the work week? You have to give it a minute, my friend. More comments will follow.

This tune and video sucked me right in. Great music and some pretty stunning footage in the video, downright disturbing in spots. I'm curious if the Strat was just one you grabbed for the video or if that's what was used for the tune. I never would guess that would be a single coil guitar.

Nice mix as well. Everything sits so nicely.

Peace.

Blooby
I agree with Blooby...and would like to add
The best way to get listens/comments is to be active on the site. That's not just logging on and thanking each comment you receive but actively listening and commenting on other members songs. In fact if you really want to thank someone for commenting on your song, go comment on their tunes; we all have egos brother. Good tune here.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

artokh74

[/quote]

The best way to get listens/comments is to be active on the site. That's not just logging on and thanking each comment you receive but actively listening and commenting on other members songs. In fact if you really want to thank someone for commenting on your song, go comment on their tunes; we all have egos brother. Good tune here.
Rock On!
[/quote]

that was kinda my point. I joined this site less than two months ago, have listened to most new original songs - excluding ones in the last few days . not because I have to, but because I actually LOVE doing that - and have commented on  everything I've REALLY liked and understood so far. I know what songwriting means to people so I don't like to post anything negative just because something isn't my cup of tea, but I also won't post anything positive unless that is how I REALLY feel. If my post-count so far is insufficient under these conditions, I guess I'll need to reconsider my approach :) - and sorry for the caps.