The Beast

Started by artokh74, September 22, 2015, 03:54:11 AM

artokh74

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

another minor key tune about the painkillers, cause everyone needs to have one, right?

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Another face, another lie
Another feat we try
is move on and try to forget
all other days

I've stayed up weeks without sound sleep
Since The Beast moved back in
I let it in once to ease my mind
but nothing's free, nothing's free

All the hope is understood
All the will that is no good
All the pain that I endure
it's no good too

Breathing in, then maybe out
There will be no doubt
when the needles start the sting
I'll welcome it

I'm laid here on the shelf
but The Beast won't lay to rest
It's covered in valium, nauseants and morphine
I'm laid here all by myself
The Beast won't go to sleep
Tired eyes can not see
or understand the thrill

I'm laid here on the shelf
but The Beast won't lay to rest
It's covered in valium, nauseants and morphine
I'm laid here all by myself
The Beast won't go to sleep
Tired eyes can not see
or understand the thrill

My one and only crime
is the waste of your time
But when I go I will go loud
A flash in the sky,
No more waste of time

Another face, another lie
Another feat we must try
Is open our eyes wide for the sun
that will not come, not today

Groundy

I noticed this has been on for almost a week with no comment...
Listening I don't know why...
well written, played and well recorded...
Well done.......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

artokh74

Quote from: Groundy on September 27, 2015, 11:34:16 PMI noticed this has been on for almost a week with no comment...
Well done.......

Alex

Thanks for sitting through this Alex :)
It's almost seven minutes long which is way too much for non-fans on any internet forum. I usually edit my longer tracks heavily before posting on the web but couldn't bring myself to mangle this one. I guess there's a reason why promo singles rarely go past the 4 minute mark.

Hook

Really cool song, heavy but with a strong melodic presence. Awesome solo.I'm no fan of addiction but I do like painkillers. One reason some of your post might mother attention is your posting links and videos and neither gets uploaded into the latest song jukebox. I usually start there when I listen and often if it's full I don't get much deeper into the posts. Just a thought, well done here.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Yeah, I really like that.  Could've been too heavy for me going on the intro, but the vocal (and the way the backer goes, come to that) has a sensitivity and intensity which I liked.

Good one.

I usually listen to the Latest Songs Jukebox first, too.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

artokh74

Thanks for the tips guys. I haven't used the jukebox myself so never thought of that. I'll start uploading the tracks as soon as I get over this video-making craze. Most of my posts have done ok though, in spite of being just links. It was just two or three consecutive ones that seemed to be off the radar and not even getting listens.

Oldrottenhead

not had a chance to listen yet. (got a pile of ironing to do post barcelona).

if you do a video it's also a good idea to post an mp3 of the track alongside it. posting the track onsite here, will automatically place the song on the latest song jukebox. if you link sites off-site ie  via soundcloud etc the song will not appear on the latest song jukebox. or any of the jukeboxes. on "this day" ,"personal jukebox" etc

will try listening when ironing complete.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

Very nice tune - very modern rock sounding. I really like the drum sounds on your recordings. Very nice melody, but a difficult subject, which is very cool.

NB I listen mostly on my Blackberry (yeah I'm that old school!), and the player doesn't play on the BB - there again it can't handle Flash, but is very happy with HTML5 :-(

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SwanSong

I AGREE WITH ALEX
Quote from: Groundy on September 27, 2015, 11:34:16 PMI noticed this has been on for almost a week with no comment...
Well done.......

Alex

THIS IS A SMASHING GOOD TIME. and honestly there should
b way more comments.  a great peice of Rock music well composed well arranged
and sung congrats cheers NEIL !!

artokh74

Quote from: bruno on September 28, 2015, 12:51:21 PMVery nice tune - very modern rock sounding. I really like the drum sounds on your recordings.

B

Thanks!  In case anyone's interested, the drums on all my recordings are ezdrummer with loads of added reverb on the snare and the focus heavily on override and room microphones.  I have a basic setting that I start with and I usually only mess heavily with the high frequencies of the override- mic, depending on the type of song and sound. The only compression is in the master track.