Listening to stuff on this site...No longer works????

Started by Trotters, April 11, 2009, 09:32:03 AM

Trotters

I logged on today and I can't seem to use the mp3 player or download any of the songs...help!!!!I have tried rebooting my comp but still nothing..

Pedro

What seems to be the problem? The MP3 player doesn't show up? You press play but it doesn't do anything?

Ferryman

Same for me. The button that allows you to play the mp3 without downloading is gone. You can still press the arrow to the right of the "play" bar to download the mp3 (and open it straight away) but you cannot play the mp3 from within the post itself. The play button is gone, as is the little marker that scrolls across the bar as the mp3 plays.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Trotters

BossMicroBRew

It works fine on XP and Vista here at home, but it is just a hollow box on my XP at work. Used to function in both places, though. I dunno.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Pedro

That looks to me it is a adobe flash problem related to your browser. Have you made any change at all in the browser settings? Can you watch videos on youtube?

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: admin on April 11, 2009, 02:37:42 PMThat looks to me it is a adobe flash problem related to your browser.

Probably. Google Chrome sucks at flash. Utube Vids work tho.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

I kept getting that problem yesterday and a little today:

I push play to listen to an MP3...and nothing~ So I just leave that thread and come back....sometimes that works....sometimes the player would just disappear...lol.......sometimes it works fine...sometimes I have to push play more than once...weird deal, but I've been able to work around it..
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Pedro

But since so much of you is having problems, it probably is a different problem. I don't quite know what it could be, though.

64Guitars

I'm having no problems in Firefox 3.08 running under ubuntu Linux 8.04 with Shockwave Flash 9.0. I also had no problem with Linux Web Browser 2.22.2.

So I decided to boot into Windows XP and try a few browsers there:

Firefox 3.06 with Shockwave Flash 10.0 --- no problem
  Mozilla 1.7 (very old browser) --- no problem
  Internet Explorer 6.0 --- FAILED - MP3 player looks like this:

Netscape Navigator 7.1 (very old browser) --- FAILED
     (not surprising as this browser is ancient and obsolete)

I thought it might be the Shockwave Flash version, so I updated it in IE to the latest from Adobe's site (ver 11.5). But this made no difference. The MP3 Player still appeared as shown above. So I think it's a browser issue rather than a Shockwave Flash issue.

The easy solution is to install Firefox. As I've said here before, there's no problem having multiple browsers installed on your computer, so you don't have to give up IE if that's what you like. But having Firefox installed will allow you to try things with it to see if a problem only occurs in IE (as is often the case). And you just might find (as many have) that you like Firefox better anyway. In any case, it's always nice to have choices, so I recommend installing Firefox on your computer.

Download Firefox here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track