Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

So it's a pay now or pay later ultimatum? Fortunately I'm not a soundcloud member nor do I have any songs there....that I  know of ... ;D I hate litigation because usually someone besides the two litigants benefit monetarily from the outcome.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

cuthbert

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on August 28, 2015, 09:15:48 AMif you have any covers up there better get em down  ;D ;D

Quote from: Hook on August 28, 2015, 09:50:14 AMDoes this mean anything for us here?

I've only just now read the article, but it says nothing about this being about SoundCloud users posting covers of copyrighted works. One thing I have noticed about SoundCloud in my time there is that there are quite a few who post actual copyrighted recordings, similar to what you might find on YouTube. I suspect this is the actual legal issue at hand, and that PRS aren't going after SoundCloud for user covers.

With all that said, the admin team has stated more than once that if we ever receive a cease-and-desist letter from a copyright holder, the disputed song(s) is likely no longer going to be hosted here.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

I love Soundcloud, can't quite put my finger on why but I like the oldfashionedness of it and the player works on my iphone. However, it doesn't sit right that they aren't paying royalties to PRS so I feel I ought to put my money where my mouth is, in support of all those artists that are trying to get royalties from their songs, and take all mine off Soundcloud. A quiet little protest, on my terms. Don't suppose anyone will notice!

BTW it's only £50 per song to register with PRS in perpetuity and you get a nominal amount each time you perform said songs in public. I haven't registered mine yet, but I may well do at some point.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs