"FL MET 2015- Live @ The Bunker 8/13/2015 (gig videos-Now entire gig uploaded)

Started by Hook, August 14, 2015, 06:32:36 AM

kenny mac

You guys really done the songcrafters site proud,all those tunes,then videos at the house,then you top it up with a live gig that was recorded for us to see.
It really doesn't get any better than this,great to put a face to all those Avatars as well.
Superb,I think you'll struggle to get Bruno back home 😀

bruno

Haha Kenny, I need to get home for a rest - between all this we have been hitting the parks. Yesterday was NASA which is awe inspiring, I may actually sleep on the plane :-) The MET, well I'll be thinking about that forever - I can't thank Blooby anmd Lurker enough for coming down - and Hook, well we have a strong bond and friendship which is so cool and so brilliant. We should all meet up more - particularly in the UK which is so small relatively :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Thank you guys for all the nice comments. It really was a cool time that just didn't last long enough. I think I'm a little obsessive with recording  ::) and so my main concern often becomes recording as many songs as humanly possible. When Blooby & Lurker showed up at my door I was setting up a mic and ready to record some covers or something in the hour we had. They of course had one thing on their agenda, running through what we were about to play together for the first time; obviously the right choice. I look forward to another meeting with them to record (a lot) and just get to know them both more. I think we are kindred spirits & I am glad to have made this virtual friendship real.
 As for Bruno & his family, well they are just the most wonderful people. I can speak for my wife & kids when I say their friendship has impacted all of us greatly and we love them and our visits very much. I was making the videos yesterday (one more to come,Moonshine, but it will be tonight at the earliest) and my son (6-we adopted him and his sister 8 months ago), who has only met Bruno & the gang once at Busch Gardens, says "there's daddy best friend Bruno". I had no idea 2 years ago how important that MET would become to me but after having the last few weeks to rekindle our "in person" friendship, I'm just so grateful that our 2 families have been connected. I look forward to our next meeting and hope I can make the trip over the pond one day!
Rock on Songcrafters!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

Again I can totally emphasise with you hook. METs are something very special indeed, and hard to explain to someone who hasn't done one. I think you have got across very well the experience, the instant connection with like minded people and the resulting bond and friendship. So happy you guys got together and delighted to feel involved vie the sounds and sites recorded. Braw tell yer maws.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

That "City Limits" is fantastic, the energy is so great, grooving, moving, Your vocals sound wicked Hook-man, and its just so damn good.  I bet the crowd was getting into that one.  Great stuff.  You guys are like the new CNSY.  It wouldn't take long if you played together a little more to really gel into something special.  What a great joy to watch these videos.  I am in awe, envious, inspired, and joyous to see this, feel the energy and joy you guys are exuding.  So damn fine guys, so damn fine.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Ok, finally got the whole gig up. My memory card ran out during City Limits so my daughter Pan shot this with her iphone. If your epileptic you might want to be careful, it's all over the place. She also recorded "MET" so there's another perspective of that song.
Thanks for all the kind words, it was a blast!!!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

What a great time it looks like you had ....Green with Envy!! a pleasure to watch Bravo chaps take a bow

If Life is a dream then use your imagination