"Cast Away" (once"In You I See") a Blooby,Lurker,Bruno & Hook original FLMET2015

Started by Hook, August 14, 2015, 04:19:56 AM

Hook

In You I See
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Florida2015 (banner image missing)

So I couldn't ask for a better finale to this already outstanding FL MET 2015 but this was just the icing on unbelievably good cake. So after the gig I say to Blooby, "Hey man you want to write & record a tune in the parking lot?" He looked at me like I was just a crazy fool but in about 20-30min  the 4 of us had this. Lurker had the lyrics (I imagine he might post them later & he might want to change the name) and blooby came up with the progression. Bruno is on the mandolin and of course there's me to make sure someone plays the wrong chord...I digress.
 Here we are, 4 songcrafters, gathered around my DP008 (on a music stand)in a parking lot (sorry Bruno "Car Park") and out comes a 7min. original song/jam. I tell you it's one of my favorite musical moments ever! I believe Bruno has some pics to post also, sorry no video.
Thank you guys, you all seriously rock.

Cast Away
music by Blooby, Bruno, Lurker & Hook
lyrics by Lurker
performed by FL MET

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Just had time to listen to the first couple of minutes ... I'm late for a meeting !

FABULOUS !!!

I'll be back for more !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ODH

What Geir said, really, except for the being-late-for-a-meeting stuff.

Fabulous.

Although I'm not sure how my missus would take to being compared to a vast uncharted ocean, to be honest.

Love the atmospherics and the siren at the end.  This thing lives and breathes.

Cracking.

:)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

thetworegs

A Fab!! recording for the parking lot or anywhere for that .....as nick said great atmosphere you gell well ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Flash Harry

the first instance of a parking lot being turned into a paradise?

So good to hear you guys together, it's fantastic.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Farrell Jackson

Very cool "song on the spot" from the fearless foursome! The siren sound effect towards the end was caught perfectly.....I hope someone didn't call in a complaint about the jam in the parking lot, lol. A cool moment in time....
I have to ask, was Bloopy sporting a Tye Dye shirt?

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

i can empathise with how you guys must have felt recording this, bloody fabulous . hairs up on my neck imagining i'm there with you. MET on guys.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

Great to meet my fellow songcrafters - great musicians all, and kindred spirits - friends for life. Wouldn't have missed it for the world -rock on.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

Fearless.....that's how this feels.......out in a parking lot in Tampa Bay at night no less.....you guys are superheros.......the music created a protective bubble around you...........damn cool..I am in awe.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

heg577

There is a beautiful symphony playing within us all..