"Let's Take a Drive" by Lurker & Blooby

Started by Blooby, August 09, 2015, 09:07:54 PM

Redler

So well sung - sounds so clear!! Nice songwriting!

Liked the ethereal feel! Fine collab!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Woo! That's a bit good.

And you really shouldn't have told us it was cut and paste job!! :D

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Lurker

Quote from: Blooby on August 09, 2015, 09:07:54 PMThere was a part of the song that repeated one too many times. When that vanished, it made sense to lose a verse or two. Apologies, John. I know I lost a couple great lines, but I thought the more succinct version worked better.

This is from a guy who loves to play Grateful Dead songs like "Lady with the Fan" and "Tennessee Jed" which my wife describes as "long and repetitive".  Two verses were lost in the edit.

I wrote the lyric during an especially sleep-worthy class.  It kept me awake and made it look like I was taking notes.  Bruce was developing his track independently at about the same time.  After a couple of good whacks with a hammer, they seemed to fit together.  There was no way to rework the guitars or keys.  We could only work with what was on the recording.  It took a little more time than Bruce has related.

Thanks for the comments, folks.  This is our first real effort to create an original tune.  Hopefully, we can work out another before too long.

Blooby

Quote from: chapperz66 on August 10, 2015, 06:32:28 AMAddictive drums?

Yes.

Quote from: Lurker on August 10, 2015, 12:37:10 PMThis is from a guy who loves to play Grateful Dead songs like "Lady with the Fan" and "Tennessee Jed" which my wife describes as "long and repetitive."

Apples and oranges, John...apples and oranges.

Jarle

This is a good song. Great collab. Looking forward to hear what more you can come up with.
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Super tune, listened to a couple of times - reminds me a little of Randy Bachman, really ace tune guys - love it.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Mike_S

Great one guys. This one i think sounds very original, you have great original sound, a wee bit proggy, a touch of rock, a wee bit of country too... I am getting a touch of Boston in there too! Again those chords are brave and they come off great too. Rock on guys!!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SwanSong

SUPER AWESOME GREAT SONG LOVED IT
CHEERS NEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruno

Quote from: bruno on August 11, 2015, 06:03:08 AMSuper tune, listened to a couple of times - reminds me a little of Randy Bachman, really ace tune guys - love it.
B
Actually on another listen - Uriah Heep - and I was a big Heep fan. Still blomin excellent, and having met I can visualize you playing this :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SE

Just caught this again and just had to say what an excellent  tune, the musicianship on show is what it,s all about.
It may not be your thing but you,ve simply got to admire the skill on show, to the people who played on the track and the production of the finished article bravo, bravo!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80