Hardlock - Dun-Drms - Trans-Atlantic Blues Festival

Started by hardlock, April 09, 2009, 05:41:49 PM

hardlock

Dun-Drm-1s
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BluesFest (banner image missing)

Something different.  Did this in the 80s as a MIDI song using just kby and drum pads for all the parts.  

Now that I have the MBR and can play some guitar, I dumped the cheesy synth lead and replaced it with a "real" instrument.  ::)

It's pretty busy but still could use some vocals?

Least I think it's blues?  :D

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Wiley

That was great Harlock.   Not sure what was instrument and what was kyb.  They sound pretty good these days.  God I wish I didn't have this terrible cold.  I can hear words to this.  Walking down the street at night.  Kind  of spooky etc.  LOL Great song and I think it is definately blues. 

hardlock

Thanks much wiley!  Hey, feel free to give some lyrics a try anytime, it'll be here.

As to instrumentation, the lead guitar should be apparent.  I did some power chords in there as fills I think as well but all the piano, harp, organ, bass, horns, etc. are from a synth kby.  Drums played live on MIDI pads into synth module as well.

Used to be I couldn't play anything but drums w/o serious sequencer editing.  Getting the MBR has forced me to actually learn to play music live! 
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

Really cool stuff, You are a one man band.  Really great.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Hard lock I love it the driving rhythm is really cool and the keyboards wow Great post

Geir

Great work !!! Would love to give it a try but my daughter won't let go of my MBR, so it must wait !!!

(time to get an extra MBR)
G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

tafka

WOW what a treat for the ears this one is.
yet another great track performed to perfection.
they just keep comin'

Tony J
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Ferryman

Sounds like the blues to me, but I'm no expert....... Great job here, the guitars sound great over that keyboard work. Production and recording sound good as well.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR