"P-90's" by Blooby

Started by Blooby, July 02, 2015, 04:34:43 PM

Blooby

P-90s - Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:
In another thread, I mentioned a cool new feature in Studio One whereby you can block entire sections of a song, label them, and then copy, paste, trim, rearrange, etc. The majority of this experiment were sections 2-8 bars long that I played once and then rearranged to almost three times the original parts' collective length. The rearranging and lengthening took about five minutes...really simple to do (wankage came later). Hopefully, there is something interesting in here. Forgive the King Crimsony part. My girlfriend said it hurt her head. It was, of course, my favorite part.

I rationalized keeping a 2nd 335-style guitar by putting P-90's in it (thoughts like these are what I like to consider the seedy underbelly of G.A.S.). This is the first time I played through them. I was expecting a bigger difference between these and the humbuckers. I wonder if this epiphany should threaten my earlier rationalization.

The video below shows the Arranger feature I mentioned. Skip to 2:00 for the interesting part.

Blooby

Flash Harry

You clever bugger. All I can hear is fabguitars and more fabguitars.

I don't have any fabguitars, do I need some P90?

It does get really cool - I like that bit too.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Groundy

This technical stuff is way over my head....
But the music is Fanbloodytastic....
What a sound .. you are some musician my friend....

Well done ...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

chapperz66

Fine playing, Blooby.

I've never had a P90 guitar.   I always liked the idea of a Les Paul Pro Deluxe (at least I think that was what it was called - basically a Les Paul Custom but with P90s) but I never saw one for sale.  I was really into Saga in the 80's and their guitarist had one.  Probably just as well because I never really got on with Gibson necks.

Great tone here. though.  I will have to have a play with the arranger concept.

Paul

Geir

I can listen to your playing for hours!!

I do love the Crimsony part ;D !!!

Well done Bruce !

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ODH

blindin' guitar playing.  I didn't understand all the tech either but it was transparent and if it helps to build a track like this then more power to it.

Music
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

Nice playing and re-arranging Blooby! I can hear guitar sections that sound P90-ish and others that I would say were humbuckers but it all sounds great. I like P90s for their midrange brightness and sustain but I could say the same about humbucker pups also, lol.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Sounds really like Steve Howe, bloomin excellent :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Quote from: bruno on July 03, 2015, 10:56:42 AMSounds really like Steve Howe, bloomin excellent :-)
B
Yea it does! Love this and I love the idea of the arranger, I ment to comment on you earlier post on it. My problem of course is that it puts me in front of the computer to create and that just sucks the joy right out of me. This is really cool though!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SE

Great guitar playing and tones, that daw sounds impressive too!
recorder
Boss BR-80