Any one else notice crazy crap on iPhones??

Started by Hook, June 06, 2015, 04:14:21 AM

Hook

So when I check out songcrafters on my phone there's all sorts of crazy crap going on. The yulefest banner is all Icet every header, banners are on people's avatars, weird stuff. Just wondering if it's happenng to anyone else or is my nervous breakdown worse than I thought?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

On Mac OSX 10.6.8 (my Mac) - it has rendering problems on Safari (as well as no HTML5 support) - and Firefox is buggy as hell. Phone browsers in general have issues, particularly Blackberry's. Oh well :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Try clearing your web browser's cache.

Here's a page that show's how to clear the cache in Safari (as well as Chrome, Atomic and Dolphin) on an iPhone:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache-on-an-iPhone

Depending on which version of iOS you're using, the screens might look different and the setting to clear the cache may have a different name than "Clear Cookies and Data" or "Clear History and Website Data" as described in the article above. If you need more help for your specific iOS version or browser, try a Google search for "clear iphone web browser cache".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ODH

I get the same thing from time to time on my iPhone. Then it'll be fine again next time.

Can't play a jukebox on my phone though, or see the song list (iOS 8.1). On my work PC (windows 7) it's the other way round - I can play jukeboxes but the player doesn't work in threads

Hey-ho
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

At first, I thought Hook was referring to that free U2 album loaded into iTunes...  :D

I also see this from time to time on my iPhone. Usually, it clears up when I check in again later. I may try clearing the cache the next time, just to see if that fixes it.

Quote from: Nick_ODH on June 06, 2015, 10:34:35 AMCan't play a jukebox on my phone though, or see the song list (iOS 8.1). On my work PC (windows 7) it's the other way round - I can play jukeboxes but the player doesn't work in threads

The jukeboxes won't work with iOS because they're Flash-based audio players, and iOS (and Android) devices don't support the Flash player plugin.

Conversely, the default song post players are HTML5 audio players, and require an HTML5-compliant browser to play them natively. This makes them compatible with most newer mobile devices, but alas not older desktop browsers. However, you can still click the "old player" button to load up the Flash-based player, and then it should play back in your browser as long as you've got the Flash player installed.

Technology... ::)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

I have windows 8.1 phone. It works pretty well here. Tho it depends on signal strength for listening to posts. So I usually download to hear. Like the iphone and android phones, I cant use the songplsyers. That's a bit of a pain. As I can't always get to a pc when not at home. I usually like to catch up with the latest songplayer. But is impossible on my phone. I wish there was a workaround.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

I have older iPods and they display the same problems you've all mentioned.

Fortunately, Apple has the good sense to charge the public even more money to enjoy the same problems.
Nothing personal, it's just business.

I'm about to purchase a new tablet and I assure you it will NOT be an Apple or Android device.

May a thousand maggots and pinch beetles find food and sustenance among their pubic hairs.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.