Hey Everybody!

Started by launched, April 08, 2009, 10:00:05 PM

launched

I've modified my introduction:

Hello, my name is Mark, and I'm from New Hampshire, USA. My biggest hobby is music - I've dabbled with guitar for a couple years. I've been singing, writing songs and attempting to build my playing/recording skills for a little under a year now. I don't have a lot of equipment except for my Epiphone SG, Tradition Bass, Ibanez acoustic, cords, picks and a Boss Micro BR. Many of us here have found you don't need much to make listenable music.

Before that, I played bass and jammed with friends for quite a few years, but never built any techniques with the 4 string. I guess I just liked thumping on it while drinking beer and hanging out. When needed, I could play drums good enough to carry a beat.

This is the first forum I ever joined, and will have to say it did wonders to build my music making confidence. I always thought only the "good" people were allowed to do it  :D

Peace, and see you around!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kody

Welcome man! Sorry, I'm not the one to talk to about drum arrangements~ There's plenty of guys on here that can walk you through it ;) ~ There's some tutorials around here somewhere though, maybe check them out~ But I'm sure one of the pros can help you out!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

The Reverend 48

Welcome from Manchester UK ;)

Ferryman

Hi and welcome! I don't use Drum pattern Arranger (found it not much easier than getting to grips with the drum editor on the MBR itself), but here's what our very knowledgable Admin said about it on another thread:

"You have to save it in the Song folder. Like this: G:\ROLAND\BR0\SONG0000.BR0\ARRANGE3.BR1

I always save the Drum Arrangements I make with the ARRANGE3 filename. Don't know if it works with other filename so you better save it like that. And remember it will overwrite the arrangement you previously had on the song."

Just use the search facility and you'll find lots of threads on the Drum Pattern Arranger.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I hail from Raymond, NH - USA.

Nigel, I couldn't find a way to actually "edit" drum patterns on my micro - If you see this, please let me know if this is possible. I am looking in the meantime so no worries. Also thanks for the for the file save tip. It at least keeps my tempo saved - I had to reset them every time a turned on or changed songs before  :P

Later,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Hi .. and welcome from Norway !!
Quote from: launched on April 09, 2009, 11:00:23 AMNigel, I couldn't find a way to actually "edit" drum patterns on my micro - If
Well, sad to say. You won't be able to any time soon. The MBR has alas no way of editing the patterns, all you can do is make arrangements with the built-in ones. You'll find you can get far with just those, and some creativity with tempo-changes etc. but sometimes you'd wish it was possible to do a bit more.
Have fun .... I know i have ... lots of fun, it's a great little gadget you've got hold of.

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Thanks Geir - I just came to that realization  :( , but no big deal. I found a good workaround from searching a post by 64guitars - the BR-900CD Rhythm Editor is an awesome free tool, and you don't have to be a Midimaster to run it. I had a DR-660, which had the same feel in hardware form.

Plus, to be honest, you can whip up a pretty good arrangement with the presets - Nigel was right - you can't do much better with drum pattern arranger so I will just work straight off the unit.

Later,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

I bumped this to announce my jukebox page.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Great stuff Mark, its great to have all your stuff in one spot, easy access.  Hopefully more folks will set up stuff like this or the list page that Osckilo, Saij and myself did.  You have the beginning of quite the interesting album there, keep them coming bro!!!!!!!  Why not put a link to this at the bottom of your profile so it is easy to find.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

hullo are you new here. lmao
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann