Classic rock short song/instrumental

Started by Trotters, April 08, 2009, 02:13:50 PM

Trotters

ROCK
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Feedback appreciated........thought I'd upload this one...I was quite proud of this piece since it only took 1 hr in total.

Trotters

Please tell me if the mp3 thing doesn't work

SE

Nice rock track needs to a bit longer so I can get the groove, vocals would be nice]
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

You are getting somewhere for sure (I mean that in a good way).  I think a bit of panning may open it up a bit more so all the sounds don't overwhelm each other.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Your definately off to a good start.  It takes a while to get that little box all figured out.  Keep up the good work.

The Reverend 48

You had a rocking vibe going there I love the drums 8) I had a listen to your posts from April last year and you seem to be playing at such a tempo you get lost a bit try slowing things down till your timing is better...
I suffer from the same thing when I am trying to play a really fast Triplet SRV style shuffle I am OK for 30 secs or so then I keep trying to catch up :-[
Lets hear more ;)

Trotters

Cheers for listening to it guys!!!!I'll take on board all your comments.

When you say pan it a bit more do you mean just spread out it guitar parts left and right??

Also you won't be hearing any vocals from me....i'm not much of a singer.....

Thanks again

lg

This is a great start, but you need to elaborate more on it!
extend it out more... it is too short in overall time length.
Then add some vocal work to it & you got it!
Like I said, you're off to a great start!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

Quote from: trotters5 on April 09, 2009, 04:13:41 AMWhen you say pan it a bit more do you mean just spread out it guitar parts left and right??
Yes that is what I mean, it sounds like all the instruments are set in the center which kinda muddies things a bit.  I find that you put your rhythm guitar parts paned Left (maybe 30) and right. Put one rhythm track Left and put a second one (slightly different) R30, bass and lead guitar in the middle.  This is usually the way I do it and it opens it up.  Play around with panning, it can really change how it sounds.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Good job - nice riffing and the lead is pretty good as well. As Bluesberry said, it needs opening up in the stereo mix - it will really give this more power and make it sound even better.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR