"Hemorrhage On!" a Hook original for AtmosPhest

Started by Hook, May 23, 2015, 08:05:13 AM

Hook

Hemorrhage On
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Atmospheric (banner image missing)

I know, we are all getting sick of hook, only 18 to go. I got a new app for my phone yesterday, Geo Synthesizer, & this was done using 3 different tracks (stereo) from Geo and the Guiro & vibra slap come from thumbjam. Geo is pretty cool, set up like a fret board and pretty intuitive, lots of controls I don't understand but fun to play with.

Hemorrhage On!
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

I love the Geo Synth App.  One of my favourites.  This sounds really good Hook. Like the soundtrack from a Chineese Spaghetti Western set on a orbiting space station.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

This is terrific, Hook! It's interesting you mentioned that Geo Synthesizer is set up like a fretboard, because it did sound strummy and plucky - does it have guitar samples on it? I looked into it, and it seems it can be used as a MIDI controller, too.

Btw, definitely getting the Spaghetti Western vibe from this, and maybe even one with Chinese noodles, as BB mentioned. Great piece of music!

18 on!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

bruno

Chinese country and western :-)

You are the bomb my friend :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

Quote from: chapperz66 on May 23, 2015, 01:29:26 PMI'm not getting sick of it at all.

Neither am I , keep them coming Hook,
well done......
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

AndyR

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Jarle

Quote from: groundy on May 23, 2015, 11:12:13 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on May 23, 2015, 01:29:26 PMI'm not getting sick of it at all.

Neither am I , keep them coming Hook,
well done......
Alex

Me neither.
I like this one.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Very cool Hook  .... I don't have any of the Wiz apps, but this sounds really great ...

(how many apps do I need .... hmmmmmm .......  n+1 !! )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

Thanks for the kind words my friends! I haven't had any time to mess with Geo since doing this but I do think anyone that thinks of music by seeing a fret board would really like this synth. That's not me really, I think chord shapes on fret boards and the rest is mostly by ear so I don't find any direct benefit from the design but it does give a different feel to your playing & that helps me stay creative while just using my thumb on a screen. I do really like that all the preset sounds are quite different from my other apps but I still want a few more synths, maybe something with more of an arpeggiator (sp?) or maybe that's a sequencer, I don't know. Any suggestions?
Quote from: cuthbert on May 23, 2015, 11:03:00 AMdoes it have guitar samples on it?

My initial scroll through I didn't see any.
Quote from: Geir on May 24, 2015, 05:09:09 AM(how many apps do I need .... hmmmmmm .......  n+1 !! )
This would be really cool on a pad vs. my phone!

Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely