"Atoms" a Hook original for AtmosFest

Started by Hook, May 08, 2015, 05:43:24 AM

Hook

ATOMS
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Atmospheric (banner image missing)

The 1st or hopefully many Fest entries, I have A-Z aspirations for this one. I did this Wed & Thurs. in the car with my phone & the 008. Everything was recorded in stereo using Drumjam, Garageband & Animoog apps. It's in 5/4 but I love the way the triplet pattern (in 4) counters. I was mixing in the car yesterday and either fell asleep or was hypnotized and mixed about 15 min. of silence at the end (fixed it in the master!)
1 drums (DJ)
1 keyboards (GB)
2 Animoog

Atoms
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

stuart3645

very cool hook..has a manic cartoonish feel to it.. could see this being used in a kids program or something like that and well mixed and mastered..

Flash Harry

it's more like 15/8 -it has a lovely lilt and pace - a really pleasant journey - the weird thing is I can still hear your voice. How's that?

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

i've been awake since 7am yesterday, working and then staying up all night watching the general election then working again. will soon be heading out for a night out with friends, this sounds like the inside of my head. how do you manage to do that hook. i need some caffeine.

hypno on!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

All them numbers makes mah head hurt... ;)

I'm digging all the sounds (especially the whistly/theremin sounding one) - and how well they all lock in together. And 25 more to come? You are a FESTMONSTER. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

bruno

Out of the park brother - very Vangelis (early Albedo 0.39 era). Lovely
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Just what I was thinking ,very vangelis.
Cool bro ,fest on.

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on May 08, 2015, 05:43:24 AM
Atmospheric (banner image missing)

I was mixing in the car yesterday and either fell asleep or was hypnotized and mixed about 15 min. of silence at the end (fixed it in the master!)

Leaving the silence might have heralded you as the ultimate master of atmosphere fest, you wacky minimalist, you.

Liking this one a lot. What is the almost vocal quality? Is that Animoog?  I couldn't wrap my head around the 5/4. I feel like I would just get it, and then it would veer off. Maybe some warm cocoa in the Florida heat).

I'm wondering what your floaty and very excellent crooning would sound like over this.

Blooby

Groundy

This is fantastic Hook,
What a sound..
Really well mixed and mastered......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Amazing job, mate! Cool tones and producing!

Yes, hypno on!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR