Parliamentary Woes (Facemask and AK)

Started by A K, April 30, 2015, 03:48:56 PM

A K

Parliamentary Woes 30-4-2015
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Back in October when we visited Rob, I put together a compilation of some of our unheard music for Belinda.
When I played this song, the "women folk" tried to guess the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics.
Needless to say, Rob knew the name of the "page 3" model.

So, I have placed some partial names next to the lyrics for your chance to participate.
However some of these "people of integrity" have faded into the mist,
and you may need to "ask a friend" or just google it.

On the campaign bus:
vocals/guitar - Rob (Lord Facemask OBE, MBE and G.A.S.)
guitar           - AK (Treasury civil servant, in regard to Dame T.)
bass             - Dame Tina (Department of procurement)
drums          - Jo (Benefits, housing and social welfare)

Parliamentary Woes - AK
The campaign trail is very tough, travelling night and day
Dodging eggs and throwing punches, smiling all the way                [John P_ _ _ _ _ _ _ ]
Photographed with common voters, who want to have their say
My "little bigot" comments, are taped and then replayed                [Gordon B _ _ _ _ ]

Oh damm -- blighty -- bother, these parliamentary woes
Everything I do or say, is fodder for my foes
I need a crafty PR man, so electorate only knows                          [Alastair C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ]
Good news on a bad news day, spinning as we go                         [Jo M _ _ _ _ ]

Committee meetings are so dull, house parties are a bore
When question time comes around, I jump up on the floor
With sincerity I give a speech, and yell a righteous call                 [Neil H _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ]
For collecting unmarked envelopes, at "the" department store       [store: H _ _ _ _ _ _ ]

In this strange profession, some fall upon their swords                 [Jonathon A _ _ _ _ _ ]
As others write junk literature, whilst serving just rewards            [Geoffrey A _ _ _ _ _ ]
Someday I'll move on from here, to chair a quango board             [John R _ _ _ _ _ _ , etc]
With my refurbished houses, and a peerage in the Lords               [Lord L _ _ _ ]

My minister of culture, has taken off his clothes                           [David M _ _ _ _ _ ]
With a scanty clad model, in a football pose                                 [Antonia de S _ _ _ _ _ ]
Pursuing indiscretions, of licking all her toes

I thought my luck was in, when I bowled a maiden over
But a googly between the stumps, blew my fragile cover              [John M _ _ _ _ ]
My secret's safe at least I thought, til I did discover
Instalments in the tabloid press, written by my lover                   [Edwina C _ _ _ _ _ ]

Oh damm -- blighty -- bother, - - - ,  vote for me !                      [Boris J _ _ _ _ _ _ ]

cuthbert

Oh, what a treat this is!

Afraid I won't be very good at identifying the players in the game, but I'm pleased as punch to hear a new (for me) song from you with Rob! RIP, Rob - you are missed around these parts. Great topical song, AK, Tina & Jo - well done to all. So glad you posted it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Groundy

What a fantastic surprise AK...
So So good to hear this fantastic piece,
Thank you so much for sharing...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

chapperz66

What a great song.  Brilliant. 

What a talent Rob was and you are.

Sadly I remembered all the names except the "Good day to bury bad news" woman.  I had to google her.  Apparently she's a teacher now.  We're doomed.

Really pleased you posted this.

Paul

Hook

So freaking good to hear Robs voice this morning! Love the song but I'm a stupid American.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Ahh great stuff, and a great time to hear it - very relevant right now - watching the daily election pantomime on tv. Brilliant lyrics, very funny and I remember some of that stuff from back in the day, especially the MP / scanty clad model kerfuffle!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Blooby

I really appreciate you posting this.

Blooby (another ignorant American)

bruno

Great to hear Rob again - RIP brother. A very topical song - thanks for posting this.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Soooooooooo good to hear robs vocals again,I'm loving this.
Rob,I know your living the dream mate,you'll be jamming with the greats.
We are still listening my friend.
A.k thanks mate