Anyone got a

Started by chip, April 29, 2015, 12:46:41 PM

chip

Classic vibe 60s Stratocaster?

I ask as I have gone and had a gas attack and bought a used one. I had a strat before, a silver series MIJ one which like a prat I sold. However these caught my eye, it is a 2013 one in lake placid blue with matching headstock.
It should be here Friday, the reviews seem very favourable and I have turned down a Mexican 2004 one which is in my mates shop for it.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Flash Harry

they look really nice - good reviews too.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Burtog

I have played a couple, mostly a 50s which is the best I have played. There are good ones and bad but all in all a lot of guitar for the money. I recently got a mexican classic series 50s strat, very happy with it.

If there is one thing that lets the CVs down it is the trems but parts can always be upgraded.

Hope yours is a good one!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

no, but you're giving me gas !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

peterp

I like the Classic Vibe series, seem to get a lot of bang for the buck.
I have a Classic Vibe 60's P-bass and a Classic Vibe 50's vintage blond Telecaster.

Both seem to work very well, and have needed no modifications to make them do their thing.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

danieldesete

Lake placid blue with matching headstock, a perfect choice !
hou hou ha ha

chip

The guitar hasn't come yet, but , the shop that it's coming from have re strung it and have set it up for me. The price is 200 notes which seems very reasonable, plus free shipping to boot. Once it arrives and after a session or two I will take it to my luthier mate up the road who happens to be a Strat man through and through for further work if necessary. He did recommend the guitar to me as a very nice budget option and talked me out of the Mexican one, he has high regard for the classic vibe series.

To add, the Mexican one was sold this morning so it looks like I was destined for the CV. The Mexican in question did need some serious work doing to it though.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Flash Harry

I have two Squier 70's reissue modded Jazz basses, both are really nice guitars, if the classic vibes are of a similar quality you should be really happy with it. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SteveB

Here's yours truly playing the (almost) very same...apart from, I think, the matching headstock, it was the usual natural colour. But anyhoo, it was a quite lovely guitar, and I'm sure whomever is now playing this stolen-from-me item is having a LOT of fun...but that isn't ME!!  :-\
Good luck with yer purchase.  8)

Btw, (and I know it's wildly-unKrissyFest at the mo), but the lead guitar on this track was played on the Squier CV Strat:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4881.msg60167#msg60167

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

danieldesete

That's a sad story Steve, I'm sure you miss the aged looking pick-ups...

Somehow I hope they stole the tee shirt too  ;D

Daniel
hou hou ha ha