"Confusion" a Hook original

Started by Hook, April 27, 2015, 08:37:29 PM

Hook

Confusion
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Sadly, I lost my father this past Saturday. He was a great man, whom I loved very dearly. Many of you might know he has been suffering from memory loss/dementia/Alzheimer's for many years now, it's truly a horrible thing to watch happen. I've written a lot over the years about memory and my father over the years. I was working on this song when my mom called me Saturday morning, trying to get a good take, and of course abandoned it. I had written the 1st 2 verses months ago, most likely about my dad, and I wrote the rest of the verses & the music last Friday. Finally felt up to recording today, and got this in the car LITLR this afternoon. I had the uke going into the pocket pod-into the 008 while also using one of the on board mics, I love the 2 track simultaneous recording the 008 allows!
1- delayed uke
1- uke/ vocal
Confusion
written by Hook
Confusion,
that overwhelming confusion
takes me over
And I am left
face down
amongst the clover
Wishing and praying
that it was over

Delusions
is obvious
and obviously daunting
With no understanding
all you have is wanting
And the faded memories
are always haunting

Seclusion
Kept separate
and separately were yearning
For the fit of another gear
to start turning
& release the water
put out the burning

Illusion
to make believe
 the unbelievable is real
To pull each punch
 so they don't see
that we don't feel
And when we Kneel
we smile from ear to ear

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

I am so very sorry for your loss,Hook,
Dementia is a terrible illness,
You have expressed it so well in this song, and I know it must have been so hard for you to record the way you are feeling,
Really well done and thank you for sharing....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Deepest sympathies brother - a difficult time for you and the family. Sometimes we think that what we do here on Songcrafters seems a little trivial compared to the big events in our lives, however music is a powerful force, and a great healer. It gets us through the bad times, as well as the good times - and music like this bares our souls. Your tune is a powerful snapshot in time of how you feel right now - and is very moving. Stay well my friend.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

I'm so sorry to hear your news Hook,the lyrics on this are so strong and overwhelming .
It is a terrible thing to go through and my wife and I are currently going through something similar as we are watching someone close struggling everyday with bad health issues and all we have are the memories of how healthy and happy they used to be.
Sometimes I think it's natures way of making it easier for us to let them go as they are not suffering or going through life like that anymore.
I'm a true believer we move on to another stage in life far superior to this one and this makes it easier for me to take things like this in.
I hope you cope alright hook and just remember all those good years you had.
Kenny

Farrell Jackson

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your father Hook. Alzheimer is terrible to watch it take over a loved ones life. My mother passed away a few years ago of the same thing so I feel for you brother. A very fitting song.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Flash Harry

Ah, that's a sad thing, I'm very sorry to hear it.

I have been there and I know how it knocks you sideways.  You can never be prepared for that kind of loss, no matter how long the bell has been tolling. It's going to take a while to come to terms with. I don't envy you, you have my sympathy and heart-felt best wishes.

I'm about to click play with some apprehension...

It's beautfully simple and achingly melancholic.

Peace on bro.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

allysonmarie

There is so much felt by your voice/words in your song. I send my condolence for the loss you and your family are experiencing, Hook.

Geir

Sorry to hear about your father Hook !! My thoughts are with you brother !

Very moving song with a fabulously strong performance !

stunning !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Hook. A really heartfelt and touching performance. Music can be a good way to cope with what life brings. Take care.
recorder
Boss BR-800