Vote for the May/Jun 2015 "Artists/Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, April 24, 2015, 10:00:01 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from May 1 to June 30. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on April 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Artists/Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Theme/Genre" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=23136.0

Please vote in both polls.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Banned by the BBC - Covers of songs from this list at Wikipedia.

VarietyFest 3 - Covers of songs by Van Morrison, The Band, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Waits, Ben Harper, and Ryan Adams.

80s VarietyFest 2 - Covers of songs by Duran Duran, Huey Lewis and the News, Eurythmics, Thompson Twins, Echo & the Bunnymen, and Robert Palmer.

SixtiesFest 1 - Covers of songs by The Byrds, The Small Faces, Paul Revere & the Raiders, The Move, Tommy James and the Shondells, and The Everly Brothers.

Later... with Jools Holland - Covers of songs performed on the BBC TV show Later... with Jools Holland. There's a list of performers on Wikipedia but, unfortunately, it doesn't list the songs performed. Perhaps the best bet is to search YouTube.

Liverpool Fest - Covers of songs by bands from Liverpool except the Beatles. See this list of groups on Wikipedia.

Motown - Covers of songs released by Motown Records. See the Motown discography on Wikipedia.

One Song Fest - We'll choose one song for the entire festival and everyone has to do their take on that one song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

Those variety fests selections are killer, so glad you picked Ryan Adams cant stop listening to that guy at the moment. Fingers crossed!

all great ideas, tough choice!
recorder
Boss BR-800

steelguitar

So, if it is the "One song fest", there will be the need to have an other vote : what song choose?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

64Guitars

Quote from: steelguitar on April 25, 2015, 05:46:04 AMSo, if it is the "One song fest", there will be the need to have an other vote : what song choose?

Probably not. Another vote would delay the start of the festival, so I think the admin team will pick the song. Hopefully, we can do that before the end of the poll, as it will probably affect people's votes.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 25, 2015, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: steelguitar on April 25, 2015, 05:46:04 AMSo, if it is the "One song fest", there will be the need to have an other vote : what song choose?

Probably not. Another vote would delay the start of the festival, so I think the admin team will pick the song. Hopefully, we can do that before the end of the poll, as it will probably affect people's votes.

I guess we'd be happy of some suggestions though...
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 25, 2015, 02:31:53 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on April 25, 2015, 10:48:18 AM

I guess we'd be happy of some suggestions though...

Sure. Suggestions are welcome.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

danieldesete

That BBC banned list is really interesting, full of innocent songs in my ignorant opinion...
hou hou ha ha

kenny mac

In my life by the Beatles.......for one song fest

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro