Mexi Nuggets

Started by Rata-tat-tat, April 06, 2009, 04:59:53 PM

tafka

in a word "Brilliant"
Carlos will be knocking on your door.
what the hell is a "Maxi Nugget?"
sounds like a big chunk of gold ..just like this track.

Tony J
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: admin on April 07, 2009, 07:46:18 AMWow!

How do you record these things? What instruments and method of recording do you use?

Wish I had something to dazzle you with. These were also part of my loop library. These are all prerecorded loops from either freeware sights or the Bill Laswell collection. This one actually took me a while to put together. There's a lot going on here. I mainly like to work with percussion so my changes in melody really need some help. I will get back to recording with acoustics soon enough. Just thought I would post some of this stuff to see what you guys thought and mainly to finish these loop projects. My library of unfinished stuff is starting to pile up. Thanks for all of the great comments...

I posted a link on another thread for the software I used to compose... I'll put it here too. I actually used Acid Studio 5.0 Full Version, but you can get the freeware here (Acid Express). Although I am very fond of Audacity, I found this software a little easier produce with. The explorer preview is awsome.

http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpress/

recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

Wow !!!! A massive production !!!
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on April 11, 2009, 01:54:50 AMThere's a lot going on here.
no kiddin'
this is layers of fun! So much to explore .... looping eh? Another word I'll have to look up in my dictionary  ::)  8)

GREAT WORK MAN !!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Great arrangement - very well put together. Laswell productions are a favorite of mine - did not know there was a collection out. A few albums I have enjoyed:

Praxis: Transmutation (Have many, but that's the best one IMHO)
Material: Hallucination Engine
Golden Palominos: This is how it feels (Lori Carson!)
And, of course, the early Buckethead stuff!

Nice post!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover