Somewhere in October

Started by Rata-tat-tat, April 06, 2009, 04:11:33 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Somewhere in October
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey guys and gals... I've been working on some production techniques and dove into my loop library just to get some creative ideas. I did add a few acoustic elements with the BR... just to add a little flavor. This is really outside of my playing style, but it is fun to listen too. Maybe a little too over the top and out there in left field... I was really pleased with the way this came together... Kinda trippy and relaxing all in the same song. I started this one last October and put it down... I listened back a couple of weeks ago and couldn't let it go unfinished. With that said... Here it is (Somewhere In October). Thanks to you guys here on the forum I have been inspired to clean up my unfinished projects... Thank you all for the kind words.

V/R

Tod

recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kody

Hey I like it~ I have a Loop library experiment somewhere around here~ Hahha~it's alot of fun fitting parts together to make songs~ High quality sounds too~ This sounds good, better than an experiment.... ;)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Wiley

You are very inspiring.  It has almost an arabic feel to it.  I like it.  Looper library's sound like they would be fun. What ever that is. LOL

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: wiley on April 06, 2009, 05:20:23 PMLooper library's sound like they would be fun. What ever that is. LOL

Wiley,

Here is a link to the software I used to compose. You can download loops from royalty free sites... I purchased the Bill Laswell collection and loved it. Lots of great tones and percussion instruments to work with.

http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpress/
recorder
Tascam DP-02

dragonshade

Very trippy, and oh so cool. ;D I can see this being played at a club.

Greeny

Oh yes... this hits the spot. Psychedelic trance! Great work  :)

Wiley

Thanks  I will have a look at the site.  I'm still new at a lot of this digital on line stuff.  It amazes me how we can just do what we do from all over the world with just a micro Br.

tafka

love it Tod. BIG sound. great when the sound of the orient came in.

Tony J
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

ksauers

That is trippy. You sure know what you're there. Thanks for that site! Amazing!

Tony W

Quote from: wiley on April 06, 2009, 05:20:23 PMYou are very inspiring.  It has almost an arabic feel to it.  I like it.
I launched the mp3, was reading comments, read arabic and was thinking what????? and in perfect timing the arabic sound came in.

excellent work Tod.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR