Chartsengraphs - Grandaddy cover

Started by ODH, April 16, 2015, 02:17:16 PM

ODH

Chartsengraphs
Time:
0:00
Volume:
WorkFest (banner image missing)

This song really says a lot about my working life, most of which is spent looking at Excel.  And besides it was great fun to do.  Maybe a bit challenging on the voice...

I hope you enjoy

Chartsengraphs
Grandaddy
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

Wow Nick this is a real good cover of Chartsengraphs by Grandaddy! I was surprised to see this being covered because Grandaddy is not currently a very mainstream band or name but they did have their successes. My son, Neil, is a very good musical friend of Jason Lytle's. They have have shared musical ideas and recording techniques over the years. Neil has his own group called Built Like Alaska. Since you like Grandaddy you might enjoy some of their tunes. Check them out if you get a chance. Great cover and you absolutely nailed the keys outro.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

oh wow nick great choice of song, not heard grandaddy for a while . at one point in my life all i listened to was grandaddy and the flaming lips. brawtastic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on April 16, 2015, 02:52:52 PMat one point in my life all i listened to was grandaddy and the flaming lips.

That's pretty much where I was too, about 10 years ago.  Then I got really fed up with both.  Recently though I had to restore my iPod, all of my old tracks were reinstated and I rediscovered them.  Grandaddy made a lot of classic tracks.  It was between this and I'm on Standby. Or Miner at the Dial-a-View, or...

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on April 16, 2015, 02:39:27 PMNeil has his own group called Built Like Alaska.

Thanks Farrell, I'll check them out

:)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

kenny mac

I have to admit I don't know the band but this song is full on.
Nice one nick.

cuthbert

Nice, tight little rock song - well done, Nick!

I too haven't heard anything by this band before, but on the strength of this track I may be checking them out soon.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

Oh "I'm on standby" is a fabulous song nick. I need to restore some grandaddy to my piepod too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

New to me but sounds awesome, I dig!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Fabulous cover nick!

New to me too, so I checked out the original, and man you did a great job!

Spending quite a few hours a week in front of excel I can relate too :)

Smashing guitar sounds !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

Now Nick - You know that Excel is your bestest buddy ever. Excel will never never lie to you, or leave you feeling unwanted or unloved, you know that every grand total is utterly utterly believable and there are no situations where Excel will let you down. Ever.

Excel is making plans for you Nick. Excel thinks you have a future. It thinks is a future worth pursuing.

This track displeases Excel because it demonstrates non-logical flair, you need to think about the Future Nick, and where you choose to load and unload. Excel prefers the White Zone Nick. The White Zone.

Don't forget, Nick, Grandparents are valuable, as is Dignity. And we all know about the Ship called Dignity. It was a really great ship back in the 90's.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.