Nobody Loves You (DEMO) - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, April 11, 2015, 08:31:29 AM

AndyR

I wasn't going to post this originally - it's the demo that the finished version is based on. But I've just put it up on alonetone (as a tribute to someone, a great listener, who passed away the other week).

This is actually the same lead vocal and resonator part that's on the full version - no EQ or anything, just the naked tracks.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Apologies for the two bars of silence before verse 2, around 2.06, left there because I was expecting other instruments to provide a better sustaining chord. Sorry about that...

EDIT: Link to the finished version https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=23059.0
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

Sounds great brother, I really dig the juxtaposition between the sparse arrangement and that passionately powerful vocal. Glad you shared, sorry for your loss.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

I like to hear these unfinished pieces, it gives an insight into the process. However this stands up by itself, marvellous.
Quote from: Hook on April 11, 2015, 08:56:07 AMGlad you shared, sorry for your loss.
Me too.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Groundy

Nice one Andy, as Flash said its good to hear unfinished pieces, Thanks for sharing...
I too am sorry for your loss......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

AndyR

I didn't know him that well. A lot of his music is kinda crazy and out-there, some of it I liked, and some of it I didn't get... His support for everyone else is what I'll remember. It was stunning - he'd listen to everyone and everything and find something good to say.

It was weird, I'd actually mixed this version of NLY with him in mind (along with a few other folks), but I decided not to release it in the end - I didn't want it to get in the way of the full one.

Then when I posted the full version, I was waiting for him to appear... What I didn't realise was that he was already gone when I'd been mixing them.

While I was taking the news in yesterday afternoon, I realised he was crazy enough to still be dialling in and listening - settling in and learning the ropes wherever he is now could wait, gotta hear me some music :D - so I decided to post it.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SwanSong

Marvelous job Andy  some fine vocals
and guitar work . nice track. cheers NEIL .!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

A true artist !!

Works well stripped down as well Andy. Shows the strength of the song ... AND THE SINGER !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800