"I.W.S.U.A.P.M.G.S.M." a Geir original

Started by Geir, April 07, 2015, 02:55:23 AM

SE

Just got to agree, love, in that sound, rocked up big sounding coolness,  magic!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Groundy

What a brilliant sound Geir.........
So well played and what a tone.........
Play some More and More and More
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

chapperz66

Great stuff Geir.  Do I detect a bit of lydian going on there?  A great satriani-esque vibe going down.  This is a very good thing.  Great tone and phrasing.  I love it.

Paul

fenderbender

Brilliant -
great array of sounds and tones
you are the man Geir

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Blooby

I'm awake now, and I thank you for that.

I had a window open, and an ad came on. I thought the dialogue in a pop-up ad fit perfectly. Great tones. Great playing as always. People who think Teles are just for country just don't know.

Blooby

kenny mac

Wow,I love that tone Geir ,that Telecaster sounds so good.
Also a great melody.
Nice one.

AndyR

Whoof!!

This is spectacularly good.

Is it a different mix/master on alonetone? I heard it there earlier (if anything it sounds even better there).
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Thanx guys !!! I guess we're mostly guitarists here ;D

Quote from: chapperz66 on April 08, 2015, 01:27:46 AM....  Do I detect a bit of lydian going on there?  ......
Maybe ... it was not a conscious choise, but I think ou may be right .... essentially it's a vamp on C2sus4 and dm7 (the middle part) with some variations in the backer. No surprise that there's some Zappa influence in there ;D

Quote from: Blooby on April 08, 2015, 04:32:20 AMI'm awake now, and I thank you for that.
Sorry 'bout that ... I think ::)
QuoteI had a window open, and an ad came on. I thought the dialogue in a pop-up ad fit perfectly. Great tones. Great playing as always. People who think Teles are just for country just don't know.......
You are so right !!! The Tele is maybe the best buy I've made, apart from the iPad ..... and my first guitar (the Ibanez ST300), with respect to musical opportunities ! I won't even ask what the ad was for ::) ::) ::)

Quote from: AndyR on April 08, 2015, 05:41:26 PMIs it a different mix/master on alonetone? I heard it there earlier (if anything it sounds even better there).
Well spotted. It's the same mix but the version on Alonetone is 320kbs which was a tad too big for songcrafters !!! I can't even believe you heard that old chap !!! You must be much younger than you let on :D !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

Great tones Geir. You are a talented guitarist, but you should learn to play the drums... or maybe ask for some assistance  :D
recorder
Boss BR-800

A K

Soaring guitar over a mesmerising rhythm.
Wonderful.