Is She Slipping (with vocals)

Started by BAG, April 06, 2009, 05:18:35 AM

BAG

Is She Slipping
Time:
0:00
Volume:
After Geir threw down the challenge to put the vocals to Slipping i thought, what the hell....I'll give it a go....... only because the folks on here are quite supportive.

It's the first time i have ever done ANY vocals in public. I will be the first to say that it's not exactly good, but i'm actually a little surprised it's not as bad as i first thought it would be. I thinks there's too much effects on the vocals so i may repost this later.

Anyway.......here goes nothing.

Just a roadie again.....

Geir

Wow BAG ... no reason to be shy here !!! Your singing is great .... fits the song like a glove!! You could even bring it even further up in the mix!!

Really glad I challenged you on this one  8)

Great work !!!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Bag, you are a great singer in addition to being a great guitar player.  I have been working hard on singing for 2 years now and I must say you are easily as good or better than me for sure.  No need to hide your voice anymore.  Do another post with vocals please.  I find adding vocals to a project takes the whole thing to another level.  I mean instrumentals are great and all but if you can play and sing, well, that is a totally higher level.  Your guitar playing reminds me of Bert Jansch (are you using a thumb pick?), the way you strike hard on those middle strings while the top strings get fingerpicked.  Super fine job Bag.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

Not too bad at all, BAG!! I'm impressed!!~ Good work!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SE

Great post enjoyed it very much indeed guitar excellent as always and vocal a nice suprise keep singing!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

BossMicroBRew

No reason to be shy on here, especially with this one you posted. This is some HQ stuff here. Glad you decided to make your public singing debut with us. I think several of us have done that by way of this site. Excellent piece of work. Keep on singing. Your voice is great, let alone that premium acoustic sound you have too.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

BAG

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 06, 2009, 07:03:22 AM(are you using a thumb pick?), the way you strike hard on those middle strings while the top strings get fingerpicked.

Actually, i can't fingerpick to save my life. It's all just using a normal pick.

Thanks for the nice comments people. It is encouraging. Having listened to it this morning i'm certain the effects on the vocals do need to come down a little. If i get a chance tonight i'll try a remix.
Just a roadie again.....

Wiley

This was great.  I think your voice is wonderful.  Nice to put a voice with a name. LOL  I hope to hear more from you.

Greeny

Exceptional guitar skills. I really like this bluesy acoustic kind of groove. And you've done a fantastic job with the vocals! Don't be shy... you can sing, for sure  :)