Another Aussie

Started by Migs, April 05, 2009, 11:44:53 PM

Migs

Hi.
I'm from Sydney, Australia.
I recently decided to jump back in to playing after recently deciding I was spending waaay too much time at work.  If I don't seriously start on my journey to Rock God soon, it will be too late.  I have been mucking around on various instruments from the age of 6 from violin to piano to guitar to flute.
The stuff I have is in my sig.  The stuff I want is headed by the (relatively new) Kurzweil PCX3 but that is going to have to wait a while.  http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/oct08/articles/kurzweilpc3x.htm
Why the Micro BR ?  I do a bit of travelling and also wanted something (a) small and might accidentally be in my top pocket when I go see Tommy Emmanuel again soon (b) that I can record on to (c) that has basic drums to fix my crappy timing.  I also love gadgets.
Looking forward to contributing.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Flash Harry

Hi Migs, Welcome to the board.

We're a friendly bunch and the more you join in the better you'll enjoy it. There are many contributors who post their own MP3s and there is an active colaborative network too.

Post some stuff. No-one gets flamed (usually) and comments are geneally positive and encouraging.

On a personal point, I'm glad there is an Aussie on board. My son lives in Perth, and although it's a long way from Sydney it's closer than Leeds. So there's an affinity there.

Join in. Have fun

Cheers

Flash Harry
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Welcome Migs!!

Looking forward to hearing your music.

QuoteI was spending waaay too much time at work.  If I don't seriously start on my journey to Rock God soon, it will be too late.
I can relate to that! 8)
QuoteI have been mucking around on various instruments from the age of 6 from violin to piano to guitar to flute.
Looks like we're in for a real treat here!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

Kody

Hey, you definitely came to the right place!!This place is a gold mine for BR users!! Welcome from Nebraska, U.S.A!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SE

Welcome aboard Migs I sure you,ll fine everybody very welcoming and interested to here your music anyway welcome from bonnie Scotland
recorder
Boss BR-80

BossMicroBRew

Welcome, Migs, from the great hangdown of the US...Florida. Great group of people on here. Easy going and open environment. Looking forward to your work. Cheers.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Wiley

Welcome aboard.  Can't wait to hear your stuff.  From the corn fields in Iowa U.S.A.

tafka

Greetings from South Wales.
its fun here.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

Welcome from Atlantic Canada, glad to have you around, lets hear some music.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand