Microrecorders.org is now BossBR.net

Started by Pedro, April 05, 2009, 02:23:26 PM

3guitarsEddy

Nice update to the site and its also pleasing to the eye.

Well Done

Eddy

Pedro

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 06, 2009, 09:08:03 AMHey Pedro, what happened to the rest of the site?  http://microrecorders.org/ now redirects to http://bossbr.net/ which is only the forums. How do we access the following pages of the site:

• Articles & Tutorials
  • Downloads
  • Links
  • FAQ
  • Contacts

I suppose that the content from those pages could be incorporated into the forums in the form of message topics or categories. Is that your intention?

Absolutely. I want to recreate every single page of the rest of the website in the forum. The only problem is that after I do that the links to those pages will be pointed to bossbr.net. People will then have to search the forum for the information.

Dmann

WOW! looks great and looks like you've done a fair amount of work.

Kudos for your hard work and time.

StevieM

Yep, got to agree, a lot of hard work, and thanks.
I like the way the different recorders have been split up, so if anyone's got anything specific to those it's easier. I don't manage to get on here everyday, and not as often as I'd like, so just the one Post your Work section is a good idea, after all it doesn't matter what something is recorded on, but I'd still prefer it if Collaborations were seperate. A couple of reasons really. If something is complete that's great, but if someone wants to add something else, it can then be moved to Collabs ( or not).
The other thing is that if it's all lumped together it'll be a lot harder to keep track of Collabs, and if someone ( thinking of me here!!!) needs others to do stuff it'll very quickly got lost, especialy if it starts getting busier.

Just my opinion of course ;D.

Still a great site anyway.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bluesberry

Firstly, I think it looks really great.  Here is my 2 cents worth.  The main thing I do when I come on here is look at post your work, this is the section that brings me here many times a day, this is the section that I really love looking through and listening to all the great music. IMO this is an essential part of this site, all the great music being made, posted, listened to and commented on.  I try to listen to all the new music posted and try to leave as many comments as I can.  Once I have checked out all new music, I then go into other sections and see what is there to read/comment on. 

Here is my sugestion: I am not sure that I like all the post your work sections spread over the whole page, I am afraid I may miss something.  I would rather see this divided into functional groupings.  For example you could have a section for Post Your Work, within this section there would be sub-sections for each recorder type (you could also put your generic Colaborations sub-section in here).  Then a section called Getting Started, or Tips, etc with sub-sections for all the recorder types, etc... This way there is only one post your work section (with sub-sections for each recorder type) that I go to, to check out all the new songs posted as opposed to going all over the page looking for each of the Post Your Work sub-sections.  That is my sugestion.  Thanks Pedro for putting in the time to make this site as great as it is, I am addicted to this place.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Quote from: admin on April 06, 2009, 07:23:42 AMA question would be where to put the board. Create a new category called Collaborations - All Recorders, and then put a Post your MP3 - Collaborations board, inside it?

Or maybe put it inside the General Discussion category.

Pedro,

I think that the general section would be a good place to put it, along with 64's suggestion of "Post your MP3's". That would leave the unique topics which relate to each device in that devices heading. Seems logical.
That way, the most visited sections, Post your work and Collaborations would be in one place rather than one for each type of recorder. If you need Recorder specific information it's easy to find in each section.

Cheers

Mike
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pedro

Thanks for the ideas guys, I was thinking about another structure based on your ideas.

In the following scheme names in Bold are categories. Right now in the forum, Micro BR and General Discussion are categories, for example. Categories include the board themselves. Names with a (+) are Child boards. In microrecorders.org, Post your Work - Collaborations was a child board of Post your Work.

General Discussion
General Discussion - Everything not related to the BR's
Introduce Yourself

BR Recorders
General Discussion - General discussion about the BR recorders.
+ Micro BR - Specific questions about the Micro BR.
+ BR-600 - Specific questions about the BR-600.
+ BR-900CD - Specific questions about the BR-900CD
+ BR-1200CD - Specific questions about the BR-1200CD
+ BR-1600CD - Specific questions about the BR-1600CD
+ BR-864 - Specific questions about the BR-864
+ BR-532 - Specific questions about the BR-532
+ BR-8 - Specific questions about the BR-8
+ BR-1180CD -Specific questions about the BR-1180CD

Tutorials- Tutorials about the BR recorders.
+ Micro BR - Tutorials about the Micro BR.
+ BR-600 - Tutorials about the BR-600.
+ BR-900CD - Tutorials about the BR-900CD
+ BR-1200CD - Tutorials about the BR-1200CD
+ BR-1600CD - Tutorials about the BR-1600CD
+ BR-864 - Tutorials about the BR-864
+ BR-532 - Tutorials about the BR-532
+ BR-8 - Tutorials about the BR-8
+ BR-1180CD -Tutorials about the BR-1180CD

Post Your MP3 (The same as Tutorials and General Discussion, a Child board for every recorder)

Post your MP3 - Collaborations (This one would have only one board for ALL the recorders)

Post your Effects and Arrangements ( This one would have all the Child boards for every BR that supports the import/export of arrangements.)

This would make the forum much smaller in height. Do you think it would help in navigation and ease of use?

Pedro

The forum is now restructured. It is much smaller in height and I think it is much easier to read and post. What do you think?

Bluesberry

Quote from: admin on April 11, 2009, 01:17:22 PMThe forum is now restructured. It is much smaller in height and I think it is much easier to read and post. What do you think?
I like it much better now Pedro, thanks for taking the time to make it much neater and easier to get around.  All post your work in one section works very well for me, I don't want to miss a single post.  Thanks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

I've been on here for 5 mins, but I like it too~ I was kind of getting tired of scrolling through all of that stuff on the previous version.....lol~ I sound like one lazy person LOL! ~ but I 'm serious, it was kind of annoying! I like the shorter version~ Now you can look at everything without scrolling down half a mile ;)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One