Microrecorders.org is now BossBR.net

Started by Pedro, April 05, 2009, 02:23:26 PM

Pedro

Hello friends,

As you see our website is a little bit different. It is now focused on the BR Recorders line, instead of portable digital recorders. This is something I always thought about doing but never had the time to do it. The reason to do this are various, but the main one is to give the opportunity of other BR users to have the same support and community as the Micro BR users have had. I believe this will be a great change for our community and that will bring a lot of new users with great new music and knowledge.

For those users that own another BR besides the Micro, now its time to show yourself! Help the forum grow by posting music and topics in your BR Recorder category. This is very important, especially in the beggining.

The domain microrecorders.org will always exist, so there is no need to change the bookmark.

The forum structure and design is changed as you can see, it is now wider and contains much more boards. There were added categories for all the BR's that are currently being produced and also some of the boards were merged. There is now a board called Tutorials in which you can write and share your knowledge about some feature. If you think the strucure is too complicated remember you can expand or collapse any of the BR categories.

Also the posting of MP3's is now much more easy. You just have to choose the MP3 from your computer and upload it. The server will automatically post your MP3 in the MP3 player. Also, now there is a feature which enables the user to write a quick reply, this allows the user to reply while listening to the music.

In the next few days a lot of things will have to be changed and fine tuned. Please, give me your suggestion and opinions about the new layout and design.

Kody

Cool Pedro, I like it! I'll try to get something to put in the BR900 category... 8) I'm here to stay, and I look forward to the growth of this community and all of the knowledge that old and new members will offer... 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Tony

Thanks for updating things, Pedro.  This is a daily visit for me so a revamped forum is good news.

Geir

Just a "Quick-Reply" (nice feature btw) : Good work Pedro, really appreciate your work here!!
One question tho' : The mp3-player is no longer working from my workplace. Is there some new java or other scripting issues that needs some kind of special attention? I get a "Active content removed" message where the player should be.

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

Pedro

Nice revamp and it's great that you've expanded the scope too. I hope the feeback is positive for you.

I visit this site most days to catch up with the latest stuff, just one comment though, I think that colaborations should be a general forum, I wouldn't care if I was colaborating with a MicroBr user or a BR900 user to be honest. Music is music, I don't care how it is recorded.
I think that I'd like to see a general colaborations board.

Keep up the good work. 
Cheers

Mike
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 06, 2009, 03:02:09 AMPedro

Nice revamp and it's great that you've expanded the scope too. I hope the feeback is positive for you.

I visit this site most days to catch up with the latest stuff, just one comment though, I think that colaborations should be a general forum, I wouldn't care if I was colaborating with a MicroBr user or a BR900 user to be honest. Music is music, I don't care how it is recorded.

Keep up the good work. 
Cheers

Mike

Totally agree about the Collaborations board... But a Big Well Done Pedro

Pedro

Quote from: Geir on April 06, 2009, 02:57:02 AMJust a "Quick-Reply" (nice feature btw) : Good work Pedro, really appreciate your work here!!
One question tho' : The mp3-player is no longer working from my workplace. Is there some new java or other scripting issues that needs some kind of special attention? I get a "Active content removed" message where the player should be.

G.

Hi G. :)

64Guitars pointed that out as well. That is one question that I have yet to adress to. You are talking about the mini-MP3 player from the [mp3] tag or an external player from Myspace?

A way to be able to put the MP3 player for MP3 sources outside the forum is one thing I should adress.

QuoteI visit this site most days to catch up with the latest stuff, just one comment though, I think that colaborations should be a general forum, I wouldn't care if I was colaborating with a MicroBr user or a BR900 user to be honest. Music is music, I don't care how it is recorded.

Hi Mike!

That is a good suggestion, it would make the forum thinner and would be much more fun. A question would be where to put the board. Create a new category called Collaborations - All Recorders, and then put a Post your MP3 - Collaborations board, inside it?

Or maybe put it inside the General Discussion category.

64Guitars

I absolutely agree that Collaborations should be in a single forum rather than one Collaborations forum for each recorder. Tracks are uploaded as MP3 files, so it makes no difference which recorder or software DAW was used to create the tracks. Anyone can import the tracks into any recorder or DAW to add their own work and upload it as an MP3.

Furthermore, I wonder if there's any point in having separate forums for Post Your MP3 and Collaborations? I would like to suggest that all existing topics in Post Your Work and Collaborations be moved to a single new category called "Member Recording Projects". Here, members could upload any MP3s they've created on their recorder, regardless of the model. If desired, they could invite others to add their own ideas to the song and upload their new mix. And, even if a member considers his work complete and is not looking for any collaboration, is there any harm done if another member adds something and uploads a new mix? The songwriter's original mix will still be there, so nothing is lost. And the songwriter is under no obligation to use the new mix if he feels that it doesn't improve his song.

Any thoughts on this idea? Does anyone feel that there's any merit in keeping Post Your Work separate from Collaborations? Or do we all agree that a single Member Recording Projects category would be more practical?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on April 06, 2009, 02:57:02 AMThe mp3-player is no longer working from my workplace. Is there some new java or other scripting issues that needs some kind of special attention? I get a "Active content removed" message where the player should be.

Try this:

http://faq.atlanticlinkglobal.com/s.nl/ctype.KB/it.I/id.44/KB.8/.f

Let us know if that solves the problem.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Hey Pedro, what happened to the rest of the site?  http://microrecorders.org/ now redirects to http://bossbr.net/ which is only the forums. How do we access the following pages of the site:

• Articles & Tutorials
  • Downloads
  • Links
  • FAQ
  • Contacts

I suppose that the content from those pages could be incorporated into the forums in the form of message topics or categories. Is that your intention?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website