The Favorite Responses & Snappy Patter Thread

Started by Blooby, March 22, 2015, 12:00:10 PM

launched

I gotta ad this:

Quote from: Ted on July 23, 2013, 02:18:39 PMThat's one helluva menacing riff!

I want to see a scene from a movie where this guy walks down some dingy stairs, into a cramped foyer, straightens his tie, and then emerges onto a busy city sidewalk. Then...

That's as far as I've imagined, but that riff is playing the whole time.

I was totally drawn into the story, and then got my brain sucked out with "That's as far as I've imagined". My mindless body is now wandering around with no purpose! It's been a decade :)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Quote from: launched on March 13, 2023, 07:56:59 PMemerges onto a busy city sidewalk. Then...

... we see his silhouette from behind framed by the open door. The sun is blindingly bright. He looks to his left, then turns right and walks out of view. The windowless door closes and the foyer is swallowed by darkness again. The music continues. Outside we see a flyer posted to a utility pole: Learn to Play Guitar in 4 Days. The printing is faded, and the paper has yellowed. There are eight tabs at the bottom, each with the same phone number. None of the tabs has been torn off. A male voice mutters, "I don't have that kind of time." It's the guy. He walks past the utility pole. He's thin, with narrow shoulders, wearing a gray sport coat that is two sizes too small. He walks straight, with determination, but no apparent urgency. Ahead there is a column of smoke coming from six-story brick building. The guy walks directly toward the burning building showing no sign of curiosity or surprise – as though he's just going to a corner store for a loaf of bread. The music continues.

I want to ask ChatGPT what happens next, but right now it can't seem to verify that I am human.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on March 20, 2023, 06:27:31 AM
Quote from: launched on March 13, 2023, 07:56:59 PMemerges onto a busy city sidewalk. Then...

... we see his silhouette from behind framed by the open door. The sun is blindingly bright. He looks to his left, then turns right and walks out of view. The windowless door closes and the foyer is swallowed by darkness again. The music continues. Outside we see a flyer posted to a utility pole: Learn to Play Guitar in 4 Days. The printing is faded, and the paper has yellowed. There are eight tabs at the bottom, each with the same phone number. None of the tabs has been torn off. A male voice mutters, "I don't have that kind of time." It's the guy. He walks past the utility pole. He's thin, with narrow shoulders, wearing a gray sport coat that is two sizes too small. He walks straight, with determination, but no apparent urgency. Ahead there is a column of smoke coming from six-story brick building. The guy walks directly toward the burning building showing no sign of curiosity or surprise – as though he's just going to a corner store for a loaf of bread. The music continues.

I want to ask ChatGPT what happens next, but right now it can't seem to verify that I am human.

Oh yeah, my stars are finally realigning! Like playing a country record backwards, it's just all coming back to me. Not sure what ChatGPT is (I will check), but there was no "superhuman" verification, they will have to fix that.

It's your story so I shouldn't interject but just before he gets to the basement dive bar there is a crazy Dennis Hopper looking character saying "You KNOW he's going in there, you just KNOW it!!"

Anyway, my day has been made, that was cool
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 07, 2011, 03:49:14 AMStill no ill effects......

I like my toothbrush......

I feel no need to have a new one....

Now that's a real man!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Quote from: Zoltan on March 24, 2023, 02:56:51 PMAs some of you know Canada is known for two hair metal bands: April Wine and Gordon Lightfoot.

launched

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on March 27, 2023, 07:26:21 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on March 24, 2023, 02:56:51 PMAs some of you know Canada is known for two hair metal bands: April Wine and Gordon Lightfoot.

this one really cracked me up

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

I was going through the On This Day thread when I saw this. Miss him.

Quote from: Facemask93 on April 14, 2013, 02:06:17 PMOh nice cover guys , & yes i love weed

Blooby

Quote from: Ted on April 21, 2023, 01:36:52 AMThe song has that sexy/scary feel that can be creepy – yet it's not. It's kind of woke; an invitation asking for consent. Just stay the fuck away from my wife, John.

launched

Quote from: Blooby on April 13, 2023, 05:27:14 AMI was going through the On This Day thread when I saw this. Miss him.

Quote from: Facemask93 on April 14, 2013, 02:06:17 PMOh nice cover guys , & yes i love weed

I always miss him too
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover