G'day Songcrafters, I humbly seek your wisdom.

Started by CaptainJimbo, March 20, 2015, 09:41:24 PM

Flash Harry

You could try Hydrogen, there is a Windows Beta for it, it's generally stable but occasionally goes pop. Save your changes regularly.
It's simple to use, has some really nice drum samples - look around the interweb for them and you can export the WAV files or the MIDI to run into a DAW.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

CaptainJimbo

Wow, thanks guys. I shall investigate the possibilities.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

"Semper in excretia sumus solum profundum variat"

Oldrottenhead

you can get the boss series wave editor here https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/BR800.html and many other goodies, courtesy of 64guitars.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Glad you have it sorted Jimbo, and a warm welcome to you.........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

CaptainJimbo

Thanks for all of your help chaps.
Whilst I have learnt a shed load of new tricks and I'm now reasonably confident on the the V Track side of things and laying down some tasty new tracks, I have a couple of questions I'm yet to find answers for.

Is there a search function on this forum?

And, in regards to the rhythm track, when using the metronome, is there some way of getting rid of that bell that strikes on the one of each bar? It's start to shit me.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

Redler

Quote from: CaptainJimbo on March 26, 2015, 03:18:04 AMIs there a search function on this forum?

Yes! If you have logged in, you can see "search button" on the top of the page.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: CaptainJimbo on March 26, 2015, 03:18:04 AMAnd, in regards to the rhythm track, when using the metronome, is there some way of getting rid of that bell that strikes on the one of each bar? It's start to shit me.
It is indeed annoying !! If you just need a count-in I can recommend  P265:Cnty1. The first mat of that intro pattern is just 4 beats on a closed high-hat. (the pattern goes for 2 bars and ends with some toms so you don't want to use that through the whole song. Alternatively you can make your own pattern with the Rhythm editor program.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

CaptainJimbo

Geir my good man,
I'm still trying to find the time to really check out the rhythm editor, so perhaps you could clarify some of the finer details for me. Once I've put together a basic pattern in the rhythm editor I would then import it back into the BR-800, can I then assign it to the rhythm track and be able to then mess around with the tempo?
Quite often when recording I would set up a metronmome to play on the 2 & 4 beats to represent the snare, I would love to be able to set up just a basic hi hat metronome pulse where I could then play around with the tempo at will.

Because that bell at the end of each bar is a little redundant, it's about as useful as Anne Franks' drumkit.
Warmest regards,

Captain Jimbo

www.thatjameskelly.com

Geir

Quote from: CaptainJimbo on March 26, 2015, 04:20:13 PMGeir my good man,
I'm still trying to find the time to really check out the rhythm editor, so perhaps you could clarify some of the finer details for me. Once I've put together a basic pattern in the rhythm editor I would then import it back into the BR-800, can I then assign it to the rhythm track and be able to then mess around with the tempo?
Yes. That is correct.

QuoteQuite often when recording I would set up a metronmome to play on the 2 & 4 beats to represent the snare, I would love to be able to set up just a basic hi hat metronome pulse where I could then play around with the tempo at will.
That is absolutely possible.

I usually just use one of the presets tho, as a metronome for recording of the first tracks. Then, before I record the bass, I program the drums or get a real drummer to add what's needed :)

QuoteBecause that bell at the end of each bar is a little redundant, it's about as useful as Anne Franks' drumkit.
;D indeed !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

recorder