Always with Me, Always with You- Gnasty plays Satriani

Started by Gnasty, March 20, 2015, 06:03:16 PM

Gnasty

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I wanted to do a recording test with my Yamaha Thr10x so really only the reason why i did this.

I used to play this song 25 years ago.  ??? It`s been a while so a little rusty.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Aah, Satch. What a ballsy post, and you just killed it. My favorite parts were the clean chord at 1:05 (I was anticipating it) and the chirpy note at 1:16. I am in so in awe of the discipline to learn this and then own it. Just a killer post.

Now I wanna hear "Rubina" off Not of This Earth.

Blooby

Gnasty

Quote from: Blooby on March 20, 2015, 06:32:13 PMAah, Satch. What a ballsy post, and you just killed it. My favorite parts were the clean chord at 1:05 (I was anticipating it) and the chirpy note at 1:16. I am in so in awe of the discipline to learn this and then own it. Just a killer post.

Now I wanna hear "Rubina" off Not of This Earth.

Blooby

Thanks. So many changes and not your normal modes. He was one main influence on my playing and then i had to stop because i didn`t want the same style and get into bad habits but i`ve seen him a few times and he blows me away everytime.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

His last couple tours with Keneally, Minneman, and Beller have allowed for more improv than he has had in a loonngg time. I look forward to seeing him again live down the road if he still has a strong backing band.

Listened again. This was just f'ing great.

Blooby

alfstone

Wonderful sound and great guitar playing, congrats!!!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

AndyR

Nice one - VERY NICE one.

Satriani was the only one of the widdly-merchants who suddenly appeared that I really liked. Wasn't too fond of his guitar sound originally, but it grew on me... But his playing is so expressive.

This is mighty fine playing from you.

And the sound is fab too - and that's just listening on my laptop speakers, cos my THR is upstairs in the broom-cupboard, switched on, plumbed in, waiting for me to record the lead part on my latest!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

Just insanely excellent playing my brother. That little amp sounds freckin awesome, feckin awesome!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SE

Well standing back in admiration,  just killer loved it!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

Well this is just not right is it? So much talent in those fingers mr gnasty and your not on my tv or my radio.
Life sucks,so much talent out there,it's definitely a case of right place right time.
Your a star mate.