"I Don't Trust You" a Hook original

Started by Hook, March 20, 2015, 11:06:15 AM

Hook

I Don't Trust You
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been working on this all week, in the car. Started with my phone, garageband & thumbjam and became this.
1 piano (GB)
1 drums (GB)
1 bass(GB)
1 cello (TJ)
2 viola (TJ)
1 rythm uke
1 tremelo uke
1 electric guitar solo (TJ)
1 lead vocal
2 background vocals
I Don't Trust You
written & performed by Hook

Where am I in the midst of all this mess
I've been raised in limbo and I expect nothing less
The best was bad and I have scars that you can't see
I wonder how and what and why this is happening to me

I wonder where it is that I will end up next
Could all this be the result of some cruel, horrid hex
Was I passed off for reason am I fates sick twist
Or is this a lesson and one day I'll learn from this

I don't know
I'm scared
So lost
I don't trust you

My eyes they don't work right &
I'm not comfortable in my skin
I'm aimlessly wandering self-control is growing thin
My judgment feels cloudy or maybe I just ignore
The positive and let the negative rush right through my door

I don't know
And I'm scared
So lost
And I don't trust you

So here I am again and there they are and who are they
Different on the outside but I know that they're the same
Control is what thereafter they'll take control away from me
and I'm the one in control
the strongest one is me

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SwanSong

NICE JOB as always HoOK VERY nice use of instrument
and well sung vocals keep rocking NEIL.!

Blooby

I recognized the Thumbjam solo. I find the background vocals on this fascinating...like I can't wrap my head around what's going on. Just enjoyed the hell out of this. I sincerely hope we can meet up this summer at some point.

Blooby

Gnasty

HOLY SHITE!! This is really an amazing piece! The atmosphere with all the instruments is perfect.
Lyrics are wicked good and the vocals and the background vox especially rock.
You have a lot of faves from me and this is definitely one. Just a Super song my friend!

You rock! Keep on rocking!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Quote from: Gnasty on March 20, 2015, 06:56:33 PMLyrics are wicked good

Came back for another listen and failed to mention this the first time around. Provocative lyrics for sure.

Blooby

Redler

Brilliant! Sounds orchestral on some places! Well arranged, played and sung! Fantastic job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Thanks guys, I'm pretty proud of this one.  As far as the lyrics go, most of you know that my wife & I are adopting a 4 & 5 year old brother & sister from Foster Care. Things are really going better than we could have ever expected but these kids are hurt to say the least, we are their 8th home! This, of course, has been a big change to all of us & has, of course, crept into my writing. I've noticed that my lyrics lately  have often been a blending of perspectives, mine & that of my new kids. These lyrics really don't have me in them at all & even though I'm right here with these kids in the moment, I cant even imagine how confused & scared they truly are.
I do appreciate the listening & comments, this one means a lot to me!

Quote from: Blooby on March 20, 2015, 06:53:30 PMI recognized the Thumbjam solo.
Yeah, I love that sound!

& it's funny you guys are mentioning the background vocals. I heard a story on NPR about a statistician who ran some algorithmic, statistical mumbo jumbo on the billboard #1 hits and the largest common factor in most hit songs was the use of background vocals. So I vowed then to background vocal the shit out of all my songs.

Quote from: Blooby on March 20, 2015, 06:53:30 PMI sincerely hope we can meet up this summer at some point.

Yeah let's make sure that happens brother! Things are starting to plateau in my house, I think, so hopefully summer will be a good time!
Rock on my friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Wow - super song my brother. Loved all the detail in this. It reminds me a little of a musical number, it has that feel. It certainly would fit in a film.
Loved all of this, lyrics are great, as is the music.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

A powerful song and lyric Hook! It's great to hear you're going for more tracks, instruments, and vocals.  That's not to say I don't enjoy your solo Uke songs because I do but this one has an off the charts production. You're comment about  backing vocals being a common factor in hits is something I firmly embrace. You're backing vocals are excellent on this song!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ella

Fabulous song and great work with all those sounds! You definitely should be proud! Respect for that and for the caring these little kids too! Hope that everything goes well.