Dancing Girl - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, March 08, 2015, 04:30:24 PM

Kenny B

Another excellent tune Andy ... dig all the stops, starts and selectful notes in your stuff.

Great vox, arrangement and everything ... fantastic bass ... this one's short and sweet ... Nice!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Cheers folks :)

I really wasn't sure about this one when I finished it - yeah, it's got all the bits people have picked out, and I knew I'd sewn it together pretty well... all the bits I'd put in were sticking out how I wanted them... but it didn't have the immediacy, punch, impact I'd been aiming at (I didn't think it had much dynamics either!! :D). I love the song, but I didn't feel I'd reproduced it how I'd imagined when I wrote it. And the vocal was a bugger to sing (that always leaves me feeling "oh!" when that happens). I think I was expecting it to feel "harder" or "edgier" in a 60s pop kinda way - and I've probably rounded too many of the edges for that.

But it's grown on me as it is, and I'm quite proud of it now - many thanks.

If I was to go again (I'm not) - I think there's probably too much reverb knocking about on some of the parts when it thickens up (and possibly too many guitars), and I'd probably mix the bass a smidge lower. But then it would probably lose some other cool stuff.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

bruno

Excellent tune, great recording - can hear the bowie influence in this. Enjoyed this tune very much.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Glenn Mitchell

Wow very nice song. Well written and nicely arranged.
Terrific performance.
I'd love some more highs on the vox.
Love the bass.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Hi Andy, some have it, some have a bit more and some have it all. This song is of the latter variety. Brilliant.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800