Started by Hilary, March 05, 2015, 05:10:34 AM

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

I've seen so many fights at gigs I've played throughout the years that I've lost count.
It's a sorry state of affairs but it happens and sometimes with brutal consequences.
I remember playing wonderful tonight at the end of a gig that was always full of fights and thinking wow we got away
This week without any trouble,then seeing a chair fly through the air and all he'll broke loose we played the song from start to finish and the fight lasted the whole song.
You can imagine it......(singing)"it's late in the evening......thump bang !punch .......she wondering what clothes to wear......crash,bang......she puts on her make up.......etc

Sometimes I think the safest place to be is on the stage  :D

Flash Harry

Nice...

A year or so ago I had a gig in Batley in West Yorkshire - a working men's club, our set was punctuated by games of bingo which were taken so seriously that you were told to be quiet in no uncertain terms. It was the Easter Sunday or Monday I think, most of the club's punters had been drinking solidly for the weekend. Families from the grandparents down to the babes in arms held by kids barely old enough to have their own children occupied chairs in rows down the length of the function room. There were people there with limbs and teeth missing....

During one period of the first set a brawl broke out behind the bar, the place was in uproar, kids were grabbed and hastily ushered out of the fire escapes, the police arrived and rounded up the brawlers. After an hour or so of police activity (with breaks for the bingo) we were back on stage to complete the set.

Be warned, Batley is the Wild West. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

My worse gig, there wasn't even anywhere to perform, we were expected to stand on a metal stairwell and it took me 3 hours to get there . . . living the dream, living the dream!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Farrell Jackson

Real hazards of the stage Hilary....I've dodged a few thrown bottles and brawls while on stage also. It makes for good stories to tell your grand kids, lol.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Groundy

Many years ago I stood in with a Country Group in Liverpool, when we got to the pub it was full of Hells Angels and apparently always is, but the manager loved Country music, I will never forget what he said.....
We will make them listen.............. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

kenny mac

Lol that reminds me of a working mans pub I did in clydebank,looking at the age group I was worried about our set.
1st half I decided to do stuff like you got ,Roy Orbison ,Aztec camera, somewhere in my heart etc.
During the break the guy came in to the dressing room and said"you'll need to tone it down boys ,that's f**kin disco music your playing out there.
And there I was writing out the second half that included ,all right now,comfortably numb ,20th century boy and van halens jump  ;D
Oh dear I thought ;D

Hilary

I had a great gig tonight, so it's not all bad (man in the front row was literally crying into his hankie with laughter) :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

Yeh,the good outweigh the bad.
Some nights you go home thinking "yeh that's why I actually do that"
It's a weird world that we play in  ;D

Hook

I'm glad your working so much Hilary, it's awesome to have been watching you accomplish so much in a pretty short time. I just had a slot at this festival here http://gasparillamusic.com/. If you look on the Sunday line up you'll see Silly Sam, that's me. It's by far the biggest festival I've played in & was a great show!
It's pretty cool to have been in the line up with Modest Mouse & Mutemath and quite a few other big acts.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely