'Bolobolo Woman' - Original by Ted and Ba Gre

Started by Ted, February 28, 2015, 12:03:06 PM

chapperz66

Marvelous stuff, Ted.  Really great.  Love the ethnic instrumentation, vocal delivery spot on and the auto-tune adds to the feel. 

Inflatable women?  Well they probably wouldn't be as stroppy as my wife..... I think I'll leave it at that.

Jarle

Great song, I like the kabosy. Nice story telling.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

One thing I like about the kabosy, as opposed to the ukulele, is that it responds to more aggressive strumming with a flat pick. I'm a long-time uke fan, but the kabosy is a lot more fun to play.

All the comments on the vocal treatment are a little embarrassing. I did use the pitch correct feature in Garageband, but I was just trying to correct my pitch, not create an interesting vocal effect. I've been busted with praise.

Thanks for listening.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Flash Harry

Ah fantastic! I too thought the autotune was deliberate, I think it adds a really nice quirk to an already quirky number.

Brilliant Ted!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

AndyR

This put a BIG smile on my face. First the music and the story... and then the tale of the auto-tune when I read it after - I thought it was deliberate too...

Superb stuff.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Finally got a chance to sit down and enjoy this wonderful song !!

Big smile here too. Not only because of the lyrics, but also because of the wonderful melodic, feel-good music. Love the sound of the kabosy and your bass-work is always a joy to listen to. Did you program the drums in GarageBand?

Looking forward to more warm happy music !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

Quote from: Geir on March 09, 2015, 09:29:33 AMDid you program the drums in GarageBand?

Looking forward to more warm happy music !!!

Yes. The whole mixdown was done in GarageBand, but I still love the MBR best for recording analog instruments and voice.

I have another song in the works -- but it's not very warm and happy. After I get that out of my system, I have a couple more Africa-inspired oldies I think I can record with the kabosy. Maybe even with new strings on the thing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

I hadn't heard that before....epoustouflant...the sax solo is so unexpected in this context
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ted

A bolobolo bump was not something I expected today.

Quote from: Jean Pierre on February 23, 2024, 11:20:54 AMepoustouflant

I learned a new French word!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac