guitar

Started by wiley, April 02, 2009, 07:12:12 PM

Wiley

OK Now another question. !!  I used to have a little fender mustang guitar. (wish I still had it). But when I bough my first electric I bought it out of Kalamazoo MI.  It is called a G&L SC.2  The guy in the music store told me that the original guy that made Fender sold his name etc.  for the money.  AND that this was the guitar he chose to make next.  So according to him  Fender is no longer made by the guy that originally made them.  Anyone got input on this.  And What actually is my guitar?  Thanks

Kody

Your guitar is MONEY! G&L is founded by Leo Fender...He sarted Fender, but he did'nt personally make them all!LOL He sold his Fender trademark for Millions I'm guessing (wouldn't you?!) G&Ls are his line fo sho....Though I've never played one, I'm guessing they're gold~ which is usally what they cost anyway....
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Wiley

Wow Kody I always thought maybe I was fed a line of S**t!!  I bought this in 90 or 91.  I have actually played it enough my fingernails have worn marks in fretboard.  Maybe I will post a pic of it as I haven't even done an avatar yet.  Thanks for the input.
P.J.

Wiley

Hey thanks 48, the neck that is for sale looks just like mine.  the other one you posted.  Wow what a color.  Mine looks like that except the neck is like in the other pic and mine is an off white. Either that or it has yellowed through the years. I'm sure it wouldn't be worth that much as I have used it a lot. I guess I have bought my guitars to use and they show that use. lOL  Also have a strip of velcro stuck on it as I have played one man band and had my drum machine (whatever) controls attached.  But it's kind of nice to know anyway.  I hadn't really heard or seen of to many others having this guitar.  So thanks for the info.
P.J.

Greeny

Belair Green... what a groovy colour. Right up my street! I'd rather the pickups were black though...  :)

Wiley

Oh and Kody,  when I bought mine I think it was around $350.  I'm sure I didn't pay over $400 for it.  Medium priced guitar then. LOL

Kody

Still.....very cool....And who know's might be worth more now~ even though it's worn in....I'm sure it has character...Leo Fender also had a hand in Music Man~ They make amps, (my Dad has one) guitars, and basses...Their basses are probably the most popular as of lately~ The Sting ray bass, I think, is atleast $1G.
G&L was founded by Fender, Fullerton(ring a bell?fullerton guitars) and Hyatt(sounds familiar) in the 70s.....Here's some interesting reading~~~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Fender
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

The guitarist in Devo sometimes played a G&L SC2.

"Whip it good!"   :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on April 03, 2009, 10:12:41 AMBelair Green... what a groovy colour. Right up my street! I'd rather the pickups were black though...  :)

How about Himalayan Blue with black pickups?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website