"Orphan" - First full track from the new Toto album and what a belter

Started by bruno, February 06, 2015, 11:07:01 AM

bruno

Okay, okay, I know - I'm a big Toto and Lukather fan boy. That said, this is breathtakingly brilliant even by their standards. What a tune! Can't wait to get the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrnQORhbCWE

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

Sound really good ...

yeah ... I admit it ... I have some Toto albums ... quite a few actually ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

I've listened to Toto since Toto 4, and have seen them many times (and seen Steve Lukather's solo band many times as well). I don't understand some of the hate towards the band, they do seem to be the brunt of lots of criticism. Africa is probably one of the best songs ever written, the are all fantastic musicians and are as good live as they are on record. They had Simon Phillips of drums with them for years, a drummers drummer. Jeff Porcaro was an amazing drummer - just listen to Africa. Luke is an awesome guitarist, the Porcaro brothers were all fabulous players but with their fair share of bad luck. The band have been playing together since they were at school. In my eyes, they do no wrong, I love 'em and will enjoy seeing them in May  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hmm, and I have to admit that my MusicMan LUKE (Steve Lukather signature model) guitar is my go to guitar. I wasn't looking for one, it just came up at the right time at the right price. Out of all my electrics, nothing else comes close for sound and playability. And that's not the fan boy talking, it really is that good - and has come to life with the Kemper. Was listening to some old Kansas tonight, and Steve Morse playing his MusicMan, they do have a distinct and recognisable sound.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600