Using built-in compression on BR1600CD. Advice sought ...

Started by Super 8, February 06, 2015, 02:42:38 AM

Super 8

OK, COMPRESSION! I can't seem to get my head around this! Any helpful tips? Is it always on? As you can guess from my question here I'm not really sure what I'm doing in the compression department. Like a Creme Egg, how do you eat yours? Please enlighten me (particularly with reference to using the compression effect(s) that come built into the BR1600). Any advice greatly appreciated!

chip

You can turn it on and off. Either in the cosm mode ( as in guitar effects ) or press the comp button, enter comp screen and click it off or on. You should be able to click it on for individual tracks and turn it off, if it's the same as the 1200. I use a outboard comp pedal (Joyo, cheap but works well) but I do record using a mic-d up amp.

You can record with no comp then use it after, It is a bit of a minefield though. I reckon it's best left out till after, then you can play around with it. I use it on vocals mostly.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Super 8

bruno

I tend to leave it alone (default setting), unless there is a problem with the mix (ie too much dynamics).
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600