Her Artist

Started by allysonmarie, February 01, 2015, 06:38:12 PM

allysonmarie

Allyson Marie - Eighth - 19 Her Artist
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Something personal I just had to get off my mind.

Another picture, for you.
Such a pretty picture,
I knew you would say.
Hasn't it always been this way?
By these simple painted shades
There is still your smile I can save.

And it's okay with me
If the heavy lines of drawn eyes are
The only ones to make you see my own
With their pain.
You will understand this all someday.
In your own time, in your own way.

When I leave, you will know
I tried my best.
And the pictures I leave behind
Will save you, dear mother
Once again.

Groundy

Nice one Allyson, you have such a good voice, What is it you are playing in this one.....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

andy casson

you have a great voice Alyson, and I am curious about the story behind the song? Heartfelt and full of passion, fab

Andy

allysonmarie

Quote from: andy casson on February 02, 2015, 12:17:22 AMyou have a great voice Alyson, and I am curious about the story behind the song? Heartfelt and full of passion, fab

Andy

I grew up being told by family that I was good at art. But the meaning of that has lessened because all along the understanding of much of my art is not really noticed or given much thought. The "pretty colors" are given response more than what the actual image itself is and most often the emotions I hope to communicate. The song is a way to say that perhaps it will be understood when circumstances in my life-the distress that leads me to want to create my paintings- shows visibly enough that those pictures will make the sense I intended to get across. Like cries for help that go unheard until it's too late.

Anyway, thank you for giving this a listen. I appreciate your time.     

Hilary

Your art and your music express your life and experiences - maybe some people just choose not to see it or are unable/unwilling to communicate their meaning with you. It's often the way that those closest to you are the farthest apart.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Tangled Wires

Part of me always wants to hear a big production with a huge orchestration backing, whilst another loves the intimate and raw sound to your songs which would be lost with the former suggestion....would love to hear it though ;)

Lovely song....beautiful vocal, and love the way you hang on to some of them notes combining with that gentle piano backdrop.

Your piano playing is always very interesting, in particular the way you mix up the style and pace, which creates some interesting dynamics....not an easy feat with only one instrument at your disposal!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

allysonmarie

Quote from: Hilary on February 02, 2015, 01:06:13 PMYour art and your music express your life and experiences - maybe some people just choose not to see it or are unable/unwilling to communicate their meaning with you. It's often the way that those closest to you are the farthest apart.

Very, very true...Thank you for the perspective. I tend to feel like I frighten people at a certain point as they get to know me. Family is no different and I've let go of that hurt. Being understood so well is not as important to me as it once was and I'm glad to let that go.

Quote from: Tangled Wires on February 02, 2015, 02:49:19 PMPart of me always wants to hear a big production with a huge orchestration backing, whilst another loves the intimate and raw sound to your songs which would be lost with the former suggestion....would love to hear it though ;)

Lovely song....beautiful vocal, and love the way you hang on to some of them notes combining with that gentle piano backdrop.

Your piano playing is always very interesting, in particular the way you mix up the style and pace, which creates some interesting dynamics....not an easy feat with only one instrument at your disposal!

Thank you very much for taking a listen. I'd love to have the means to make a bigger overall sound...It would definitely be fun. And to not have to have my piano be all I can work with...lol Perhaps it's time to learn a new instrument too.

Hook

I'm often emotionally torn while listening to your tunes. I'm so happy to be listening to you sing & play & your lyrics always move me & resonate with me deeply but your sadness is also evident & also effects me. Don't get me wrong this is what art is supposed to do & you do it well, both visually & through your music. You are a true artist.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

allysonmarie

Quote from: Hook on February 03, 2015, 06:17:09 PMI'm often emotionally torn while listening to your tunes. I'm so happy to be listening to you sing & play & your lyrics always move me & resonate with me deeply but your sadness is also evident & also effects me. Don't get me wrong this is what art is supposed to do & you do it well, both visually & through your music. You are a true artist.
Rock on!

I understand and I feel sorry if the music moves you or anyone else too far the wrong way. I don't mean to overwhelm. Too much of anything can turn into something awful and I need to keep that in mind. I do appreciate your feedback, Hook. There's still a lot of room for me to grow as a writer.   

Mach

This is quite moving and very artistic. I can really feel the emotion in your voice conveying the lyrics. Powerful.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR