The answer is yes I have too many guitars but I could use a couple more,  ;D

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

As to the Godin XTSA, if it didn't have synth access, I would have sold it long ago. It's just a preference for a different kind of neck.

On another note, I have run midi out of the GR-55 into my interface and triggered all sorts of VST synths that way. Works great with pads and is sketchy if you're trying to play anything that requires quick tracking. I've had good luck with the tracking just using the sounds of the GR-55, but you definitely have to play as cleanly as possible.

Good luck and take solace in knowing that whatever you get, you will be igniting gear lust in the rest of us.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 28, 2015, 10:30:34 AMI love my Godin xtSA. Best guitar I've ever had.

You know I really didn`t know much about cheaper electric guitars as i never tried playing any for years until recently my friend asked me to go hunting for one with him.

I tried the Epiphone Les paul and SG models and the Fender Squires and then Godin. I`d have to say Godin blows them both out of the water in quality and pick-ups in my opinion. I`m thinking of getting one myself next.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Speed Demon

Gnasty, could you put up pictures of the Godin guitars? I've never seen one and would like a look at them.

Thanks.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Burtog

Quote from: Gnasty on January 28, 2015, 05:33:09 PMYou know I really didn`t know much about cheaper electric guitars as i never tried playing any for years until recently my friend asked me to go hunting for one with him.
 I tried the Epiphone Les paul and SG models and the Fender Squires and then Godin. I`d have to say Godin blows them both out of the water in quality and pick-ups in my opinion. I`m thinking of getting one myself next.

Wow, I didnt consider the Godin a cheaper guitar, they are retailing for about £1000 over here, I have only once spent that much on a guitar and that was a Les Paul. Maybe you were referring to the Epi's etc?

Some good info on the XTSA tho, thanks, would be good to hear thoughts on playability etc, the V forum was useful, plenty of information.

My current guitar list is;

Fender Roadworn Tele
Epiphone Dove
Yamaha Pacifica with GK-3 pick-up
Squier 50s P Bass
Yamaha FG acoustic (living in the loft)

Going on some of your lists I dont have enough!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

Help! Someone please send me a Paul Reed Smith!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

ODH

Quote from: Greeny on January 27, 2015, 01:28:21 PMa resonator, an SG and a Strat.

And a Tokai love rock les Paul.

Spooky, that's pretty much my wish list too.  They're my saved searches on eBay anyway.

And an ES335 and a Fender Jagstang.

And a super strat, Charvel or something

and

and

and...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Gnasty

Quote from: Burtog on January 29, 2015, 05:40:19 AMWow, I didnt consider the Godin a cheaper guitar, they are retailing for about £1000 over here, I have only once spent that much on a guitar and that was a Les Paul. Maybe you were referring to the Epi's etc?

Sorry i didn`t mean they were all cheap. I was just referring to the lower end guitars which almost every manufacturer has now.

If i can remember my friend bought the Session lightburst. I wish i started on a guitar like this.
https://www.long-mcquade.com/16629/Guitars/Electric/Godin_Guitars/Session_Lightburst_HG_RW.htm

Quote from: Speed Demon on January 29, 2015, 03:50:28 AMGnasty, could you put up pictures of the Godin guitars? I've never seen one and would like a look at them.

Thanks.

Just hit their website Gene  :) http://www.godinguitars.com/
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity