'Something' Beatles Cover

Started by Greeny, April 02, 2009, 05:30:29 AM

Greeny

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Apologies in advance - this is little more than karaoke over a backer, but I felt the need to sing this one. I must be loved-up or something  :D

Still, it's one of my favourite Beatles songs. And before I came on this forum, I'd have never had the vocal confidence to do it.

Something

Geir

Lovely !!!!
Quotethis is little more than karaoke over a backer,
Oh no Tim, this is much more than an ordinary karaoke (even if that's what it is). Great performance of a song that's one of my favourites too !!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

lg

OMG Tim,
Your voice fits perfectly in this...
Thank you for sharing this with us...

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

ksauers

You should have all the confidence in the world! Keep going, it's great!

OsCKilO

Nice! 8)

Can really hear the emotion in your voice, as if the song means a lot to you. .......

To good a performance to be a karaoke!

What a great voice.

T (Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

This vocal performance just stopped me in my tracks, its so good.  As soon as you start singing, I just couldn't do anything but listen in amazed silence.  I have to tell you, I am at work, and I am listening and a couple of fellas came into my office, and I didn't even notice them until the song was over, they were staring at me as I sat in a zone.  That is a most powerfull version indeed. Holy crap, good job.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

WOW Tim, This is the best cover of this I have ever heard (even better than Shirley Bassey ;)) Glad your recent cold has passed and your voice is in fine fettle 8) ;)

Bro

I simply couldn't go away from this one! And I'm not even a beatels fan?!

Really!! REALLY great sounding song!

What guitar is playing the lead parts?
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on April 02, 2009, 07:39:51 AMI simply couldn't go away from this one! And I'm not even a beatels fan?!

Really!! REALLY great sounding song!

What guitar is playing the lead parts?

The guitar was on the backing track - I wish it was me playing like that!  :D

For a backer, I think they got the 'Abbey Road' era tone of the guitar pretty close.

All I did was the lead and backing vox.

Greeny

Quote from: 48 on April 02, 2009, 07:33:48 AMWOW Tim, This is the best cover of this I have ever heard (even better than Shirley Bassey ;)) Glad your recent cold has passed and your voice is in fine fettle 8) ;)

Thanks! It didn't take very long to do in the end, but it felt like I'd been practising it for 30 years already!

Yep... the voice is definitely firing on all cylinders again. So I'm gearing up for some more blues... just working out the lyrics  ;)