Off on hols, don't think me rude....

Started by Ferryman, April 01, 2009, 04:53:20 PM

AlchemyMN

Wow, what a lot to catch up on.  I was away for a week too and I can't believe all the posts I missed.

BTW - I was literally "standin' on the corner in Winslow, Arizona" on Monday.  They have a cool statue of Jacksone Browne and a mural of the girl in the flatbed Ford.

Greeny

Quote from: AlchemyMN on April 03, 2009, 09:43:20 AMWow, what a lot to catch up on.  I was away for a week too and I can't believe all the posts I missed.

BTW - I was literally "standin' on the corner in Winslow, Arizona" on Monday.  They have a cool statue of Jacksone Browne and a mural of the girl in the flatbed Ford.

That's too cool! Has anyone else visited specific places name-checked in songs? I always find myself humming 'Baker Street' when I'm frequently walking down it, and Waterloo Sunset when I'm walking over Waterloo Bridge on a summer's evening...  :)

Oh... and the crossing at Abbey Road...  :D

Kody

QuoteI was literally "standin' on the corner in Winslow, Arizona"

Wow....I bet that was........such a fine site to see 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Wiley

Some of us can only dream of going to other places.  Oh what fun!  Hope you have a wonderful trip!

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on April 01, 2009, 04:53:20 PMGoing away with the family for a week to NY, US of A. So don't think me rude if I don't comment on any of the work that's being posted on here for a while. As ORH said, it's getting mighty busy here, which is a really good thing!

Cheers,

Nigel

No worries, man. Hey, I left for a few weeks, hope no one was ticked at me. Have a good trip.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

AlchemyMN

Quote from: Greeny on April 03, 2009, 10:10:31 AMThat's too cool! Has anyone else visited specific places name-checked in songs? I always find myself humming 'Baker Street' when I'm frequently walking down it, and Waterloo Sunset when I'm walking over Waterloo Bridge on a summer's evening...  :)

Well, I have sung "Wild West End" by Dire Straits and "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon while walking around London neighborhoods.

Tony

Quote from: AlchemyMN on April 06, 2009, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Greeny on April 03, 2009, 10:10:31 AMThat's too cool! Has anyone else visited specific places name-checked in songs? I always find myself humming 'Baker Street' when I'm frequently walking down it, and Waterloo Sunset when I'm walking over Waterloo Bridge on a summer's evening...  :)

Well, I have sung "Wild West End" by Dire Straits and "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon while walking around London neighborhoods.

I sang 'Streets of London' in London, 'New York, New York' in New York, 'Last Night I went to sleep in Detroit City' in Detroit and 'Hey you, are you having a go at my brother, Sidney?' in Sydney.  The last one was an original composition.

Ferryman

Hi all, I'm back, thatnks for the nice wishes. I didn't do any singing anywhere while I was away but we had a great time in New York. Spent too much, ate too much but saw pretty much everything and really enjoyed NYC.

Now I have to catch up on the stuff that's been posted while I was away....and play some blues as well!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kody

Glad you made it home safe.  Man, I live in the U.S. and I've never been to NYC!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One