"Community" a Hook original for Facemask

Started by Hook, January 14, 2015, 07:11:25 PM

Hook

Community
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FacemaskTribute (banner image missing)

Was thinking about Rob, the tributes & this community. Wrote this yesterday but couldn't get a decent take. Got the uke vocal this morning before my 1st gig on an extremely busy street so lots of traffic noise, which I dig. I did the rest of the production this afternoon with my phone. The drums are drumjam, played live using the pad feature. I used 3 tracks, one for bass & snare, one for cymbals & one for the fills. Mixed those three to a stereo track. Bass & trumpet are thumbjam.
1 uke vocal (stereo)
3 drum tracks
1 bass
1 trumpet
Community (for Facemask)
written & performed by Hook

It's touching to see such unity
though distance separates
you from me
connections form like circuitry and spread like roots of a tree
nurturing

Here I take such comfort in
this this place that doesn't quite exist
So compelling I can't resist
Honesty
and Melody
A heart that beats
Community

It makes me sad when I'm surprised at the kind of kindness that within us lies
but to see it here and feel it now
has restored some faith I had lost somehow

Your soul will live on
In song

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Hook... Popped in. Great tribute buddy... Just learning of Robs passing this eve. Well done buddy!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Groundy

Another fantastic tribute Hook, well done my friend.........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

wonderful song ans a sentiment i share fully. this is a wonderful community. great song and tribute hook.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

I read the lyrics first my brother, so had high expectations. Was not dissapointed. Super tribute to Rob.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Redler

Superb lyric and great performance! In a nutshell; great tribute!

Liked the bass line, too!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Read the lyrics first too, they very much hit home at this time.

Love the song, the drums in particular give it a slightly quirky and off beat rhythm that combines perfectly with that melodic strumming uke and the wonderful counter melody with the trumpet.

Liked that bass line a lot too, only really honed it on it on the second listen, but is weaves it way around beautifully and the song is of course topped of, as ever, with a first class vocal.

The tributes to Rob are beginning to make up one of the finest collection of songs assembled on Songcrafters.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

A K

You are spot on.

I know that this is a "music" site, and I am hesitant to intrude with Rob's passing.
But the COMMUNITY feeling has just been tremendous, and I can't thank everyone enough for their kindness.
Rob was overwhelmed by your well-wishes, and would be flabbergasted by what has been happening over the last week.
What a great community.

Hook, you have summed it up brilliantly with your lyrics, and topped it off with fine musicianship.

T.C. Elliott

I didn't read the lyric first so I was drawn in by the music. I liked what I heard. Then I listened to the singer and read the lyric. I loved what I heard.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ferryman

Great sentiments. I haven't been around here for about a year and was so sad to learn of Rob's passing when I came back. But on returning I found out exactly what your lyrics express, a wonderful community where people can make a contribution that touches people around the world. Rob will be remembered by us all and his music will live on.

Beautifully put sir, and nice little groove here as well. 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR