Cellphones and headphones

Started by peterp, January 12, 2015, 10:39:14 AM

peterp

peculiarities of life hit.

Wife and a grandkid with medical issues kept insisting I had to get a &^%$% hated cell phone in case of emergencies. So I finally broke down and got one (Galaxy S5 Active), and discovered the android OS seems to support FLAC files!
Though the included ear thingies sounded not so good and I can't keep them in the ear without them falling out for more than a few minutes.

Then some luck hit, was at a shop on the weekend when I found a set of Klipsch Image One headphones mispriced for less that half normal but the price sale sticker had an expiry date.
Shop manager said they could not sell at that level after the tag had expired, and the best they could do was sell them at half price.
Which was fine by me!

The sound seems great, I can't hear a thing but music when I go for my daily 5+Km Dr. mandated walks.
Have to keep remembering to watch out for traffic though.    

And going to have to load something besides Blues Brothers into the phone at some point. :)

I had originally gone out looking for a TC VoiceTone T1 pedal, which nobody seems to have in stock, have to search for that another day.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Flash Harry

Some phones have super A to D converters in them and the Klipsch stuff is generally good gear.

And FLAC is soooo much better than mp3. Sounds like you have hit upon a fine combination.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

peterp

Yes, the audio seems quite good!
I would not say it's terrific, but much better than listening to all the road traffic whizzing by.

Just hope I don't end up being one of those foolish people walking down the road loudly singing their heads off.
Could prove very embarrassing!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Flash Harry

Who gives a flying f&*! who hears whom singing?

Bugger embarrassment, sing - it's good for the soul. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Groundy

Quote from: Flash Harry on January 12, 2015, 03:04:49 PMWho gives a flying f&*! who hears whom singing?

Bugger embarrassment, sing - it's good for the soul. 

True  ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs