Sweet Water - Andy Casson

Started by andy casson, January 11, 2015, 01:23:42 PM

andy casson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Another tune from April 2014, the lyrics are pointed towards my sons current project, a proof of concept SCi-Fi called Sweet Water, in which I have a small part that was filmed in London friday AM ( I am an aging astronaut persuading the hero to return to space to mine water after a gas cloud in space poisons the earths supply...)
Anyway, enjoy  :)

http://www.reverbnation.com/q/5hicpb #music

[reverbnation]22669955[/reverbnation]
Sweet Water
Andy Casson
11th Jan 2015
There's something inside of me triggered by memory
That leaves me hanging out in the cold
There's something eating me, feeding my fears
That leaves me wasted battered and old

There's nothing inside to see, lost in my memories
A drop of water has its hold
I am woken by screams, awake in a dream
I fear that sweet water fall
(come to the water, sweet water fall)

I 'm down on my knees, brother, I 'm begging you please

Tangled Wires

I like this a lot Andy, the way you mix up that driving rhythm section, the "big" vocal and the funky groove created with the use of those hip-hop/dance sounding drum pads is very effective, and creates a really nice interesting flavour and sound.

The keys/piano are very nice too, simple stabs during the intro and developing into something more complex once it drives on from there.

You fooled me at the end, I thought that big solo was going to continue and the song fade out, but that was a cracking way to end with it dropping down to the vocal and acoustic for the last 40 seconds. Incidentally, on the transition into this part it was really cool how you let them shimmering keys ring out.

All in all, I love it!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

HI Andy marvelous vocals well sung. greatlyrics.
wonderful tune. one of my all time favorites of yours
well done 2 thumbs up NEIL.!!

Groundy

Andy this is a cracker, really well done...........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

thetworegs

This works a treat Andy ...excellent all round..Love it......Acting!! sounds like fun!! where will it be shown when it's finished anywhere up North??

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jarle

I like how the bass and drums drives this one forward.
recorder
Boss BR-800

dobrodaddy

VERY powerful song, Andy.  Great lyrics, arrangement, and performance.
Yes the drums n bass really push it along.
Excellent lead break, and I too really like how you drop down to the acoustic for the ending.

Your son sounds like he's got a lot of talents.  And managed to get old dad acting in the proof of concept film.
Will this song be part of the soundtrack?  You'll be a multi-media star!  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

Ferryman

Nice work. Love the way this builds, very effective way you build it up from the interesting rhythm track. Love the changes for the chorus, that's very effective and the echoed "wo ow ho"s are great. Fab guitar work and excellent production.

And can we please get to see the movie? Like Dobrodaddy said, this should be in the soundtrack....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR