G&L Guitars?

Started by Boognish, January 10, 2015, 09:56:54 PM

Boognish

Anybody have one? Got pics? Thoughts on 'em?
I'm strongly considering either the Fallout or ASAT classic Bluesboy.
From everything I've read, heard, watched on YouTube etc. they are great quality and we'll worth their price of around 500-600 usd.

Their website:  
http://glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/guitars/index_new.asp
Okay to cover.

Blooby

My understanding was they had some great builds and some not-so-great. I am assuming the earlier builds where Leo was involved are the most coveted. My favorite guitar player (Jack Pearson from Nashville) plays both Tele and a Strat styles occasionally.

Those off-set pickup configurations they have on some of their guitars are certainly are funky.

I support you in this bout of G.A.S.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

Last year I G.A.S.'d out on a G&L ASAT Tribute Carved Top Tele with humbuckers. Even though it's made in Indonesia, the quality is very good. So is the playability and sound. It plays like a Tele but sounds more like a Gibson with the large humbuckers. I caught it on sale for $399 US. The BluesBoy looks cool and I like the idea of a P90 pickup in the neck position. I bet the P90 sounds excellent with bite and fullness.

I haven't regretted my purchase one bit. I think they are a great buy. Go for it....I'll help you spend your G.A.S. money, lol.

Good shopping!

Farrell

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Boognish

Sweet ASAT Ferrell!
Your review is pretty much what I hear from everyone... and have noticed myself.
I played a Fallout yesterday, and was a little unimpressed when I compared it to the Bluesboy or the Legacy (Stratocaster body). So, the Fallout has kind of been crossed off my list.
I really liked the Legacy when I played it. Really gritty and tough so a nice change of pace from what I currently have - a Chinese built Brazen Dynasty which is pretty similar to your ASAT Tribute.
And of course when the guy saw I liked the Legacy, he grabbed me the S-500 and it was awesome too.
Okay to cover.

T.C. Elliott

I have heard good things and have lusted after quite a few. Several have been featured in the musician friends' Stupid Deal of the Day spotlight in the past several months.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Boognish

Well, two years later, but I got my G&L.

Went with an Olympic white Limited Edition Tribute Legacy from Guitar Center.
$499, got $75 off with a coupon code.

Stock photo:

Will post more pics when it arrives, can't wait to play it.
Okay to cover.

Groundy

Looks good, Cant wait to hear it,

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Farrell Jackson

Boognish, I think you are going to love it! I suspect that you have it in your hands by now so I look forward to hearing your review and some sounds from it. Incidentally, I have the same model but in black and it's a fine guitar.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Boognish

Love it!

Haven't had a chance to really play it yet... It needs new strings and some adjustments to my liking, but the pickups and sustain are awesome. Looking forward to really breaking it in.
Okay to cover.

T.C. Elliott

Got a recording with the lovely beast yet? I'm interested in hearing her. I still see G&L on the stupid deal of the day sometimes.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London