Lemmings

Started by andy casson, January 10, 2015, 03:57:02 AM

andy casson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Been trying to find some time to re-visit tunes recorded over the last 2-18 months without lyrics and try to finish them, this is from April 2014.
BTW the sax is midi generated, and I have blisters on my 3rd finger trying for a decent solo (so rusty!)
Enjoy  :)

http://www.reverbnation.com/q/5hdgfo #music

Lemmings
Andy Casson
10th Jan 2015
I've seen the stars they burn so brightly
I've seen the heavens as they roll
When we are left to our own devices
And so it's round and round we go

I saw the lemmings running out into the streets
You follow me, I follow you

I 've seen the beauty of the sunrise
A beachfront sunset had it all
Then heaven left us to our vices
And so it's round and round we go

I saw the lemmings running out into the streets
You follow me, I follow you

[reverbnation]22659935[/reverbnation]

bruno

Cool mixture of sounds Andy, you've been very quiet for quite some time!
A very spare recording, but it really works. Lovely solo as well.
Nice to have you back :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pine

Really liked this Andy. I think it's one of those tunes that is good initially but gets even better with a few listens. Great dynamics keep it fresh and the rather unusual instrumentation is very cool. Liked the sax tones and solos and loved the wild guitar solo riffage at the 3:00 mark or so. Interesting lyrics delivered well. Fine job on this tune!

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Groundy

Great job here Andy, well written and performed, I too like the guitar solo.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

Man, there is si much god stuff going on in this tune, I dig the sparseness of the rhythm tracks, single not lines with those great guitar riffs then that bridge with the sax solo is really outstanding & that blazing solo at the end! Love this tune, abit different for you but all you. Bring on these tunes brother.
Rock ON!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Vanncad

Love the lyrics.

I think you tore off a really nice solo here (don't worry - that blister will heal and toughen you up for the next one!  ;D)

Great production too Andy.
This song sounds really good on my headphones!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Redler

Great tune! The saxophone puts a really tasty flavor to this!!! It sounds so real! Fantastic job from start to end!

Loved the guitar solo!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Those single piano notes that carry the song are brilliant Andy! So simple yet so affective. I always like your unique sounding vocals. The sax was a great add and the guitar solo might have given you a few blisters but to my ears it was tasty as all get out and well worth a few blisters. You rock...bring on some more!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

The low & dark piano sound combined with the haunting sax make this a compelling listen. Nice!

;) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Jarle

Nice to hear from you again Andy. Great song. Fabulous guitar solo and the single piano notes are brilliant.
recorder
Boss BR-800